Lake City Fisheries – Pool 4 Update

• mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Monday February 4th the Lake City Fisheries department will provide an update on the status of Pool 4. This presentation will be held prior to the monthly Walleye Searchers meeting held at the Elks Lodge in Rochester, MN.

Lake City Fisheries presentation is open the public and is free to attend. This meeting will start at 7:00pm.

For those interested the regular monthly Walleye Searchers meeting will follow.

shockers
    Rochester

Cool. For those unable to attend, will someone be posting a summary etc. on IDO? I think lots of guys would find it interesting.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Who’s speaking?

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Nick Schlesser

I will ask for a link to his report and try to post it for reference.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Once the data becomes public a person can usually get that report off of the MN DNR website. I have e-mailed the MN DNR and asked them to send me a PDF version of the report.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Reading a PDF file or listening to BIG Nick is truly two experiences. He’s a very entertaining guy with a ton of knowledge that will go far past the data being presented for the day.

Part of his background is from working out of the Baudette office and he has a wealth of info on the sturgeon fishery up there.

…not that I’m trying to side track the walleye chatter.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

he will talk about just about all species in pool for (including your bottom feeders bk) he will also talk about bait fish and pan fish numbers helps determine what the game fish may be feeding on from year too year if shad numbers are way up they will be eating shad most likely if blue gill numbers are way up they may be eating blue gills and you can run your shad raps to in colors close to the bait fish they are feeding on. his presentation is great and very interesting, i learn something new/interesting every year during the presentation.

hope too see some of you guys there

Drew.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

including your bottom feeders bk

Since it’s a Walleye Searchers meeting, I would hope so.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Be sure to ask Big Nick about tips on using beetle spins on Trophy Northern Pike in the Rainy River.

Honestly he is the smartest biologist that the MN DNR fisheries has, you guys are lucky to have him working on Pepin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.