just another day

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Earlier this week fellow Ido member McNasty posted an open seat to head out on P4. I threw my name in the happy and ended up meeting him at Everts this morning to launch at 9am. After a quick ride we were draggin jigs in a few spots with no luck. As we began to move Ryan picked up two smallish saugers, but the period of nothingness set in again. Around 11 or so we found em, and I was getting steady bites on both dragging and doing a method Ive dubbed the Doo stick At one point I even had something hit hard enough that it took the tail end off of my moxi.Unfortunately the wind picked up around 1 and with that the bite slowed considerably. Luckily by then we only needed two more in the boat. I think the best action though was watching the three guys next to us, you could of heard them a mile away. I couldnt help cracking up everytime theyd do a muskie hookset and speed reel in small sauger after small sauger out of one of the deep holes. At 2:30 the wind got to be too much of a factor and we decided to call it quits, but all in all a great day out on the river

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Wonder if that was the same 3 guys that were out there today too. Man were they loud. My buddy mentioned to me he thought the goofballs only came out in the spring.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

If it the was group of three with a really short guy in the middle and the tallest guy in the back then yeah, that was them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.