Transom Repair

• S Bromley
    Clinton, Iowa

A fishing buddy of mine needs to have the transom repaired on his Lund, wood rot. Several years ago I remember a post about replacing the wood in a transom with an all aluminum transom. I have looked for more than an hour using our search page with no luck. The page really is a nice feature, probably operator error on my part. Anyway does anyone remember the transom repair articile or do you have current knowledge of where he can take his boat for a quality repair. He lives near Dubuque, Iowa. He is also looking into the pour in Sea-Cast method or replacing the wood. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve

BBKK
    IA

There is a shop just south of dubuque I believe that does custom boat building, but I cant remember what its called. Then there is also Larry’s in Clinton, they do awesome work.

ajw1975

Call smittys weld shop in garden plain it’s halfway tween Fulton an Albany he’s fixed my plate boat and all sorts of stuff for me. Nice guy and easy to work with

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

The place you’re talking about in Bellevue is Clark Boats – they make some beautiful creations too… they had a website if you do a search – build boats for Fish and Wildlife agencies all over the country too.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

The place you’re talking about in Bellevue is Clark Boats – they make some beautiful creations too… they had a website if you do a search – build boats for Fish and Wildlife agencies all over the country too.

Yup, thats them.

S Bromley
    Clinton, Iowa

Thank you all for the information. I will pass this along to my buddy. James the post as I remember it was close to this one but the person making the post talked about how he advised going with the all aluminum and no wood transom. Thanks again, steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.