P2 – 2 Words

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I cant remember if I like Jon or not?
    Bk I know for sure..

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

I didn’t say anything about the regs. You asked the question. My answer is 100% correct. There are less boats fishing pool 2 today than in 1995. The fishermen might be better at it, but there are far fewer doing it.

-J.

I can’t believe you’re throwing technicalities out there on this subject!?! There is no point in being right about something that has no impact on our disagreement.

I guess my original point about the pressure increasing dramatically over the last 12 years stands on its own.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Easy on the age thing, Brian. I’ve been around a lot longer than any fishing website!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’ll check out of this conversation now — I suppose it’s already gone too far. I’ve got friends on IDO and friends that aren’t on IDO, and I wouldn’t change that for the world, either.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I like the publicity. I’m gonna sell moxies, coffee, and toilet paper for the sh!tter tonight. $1/square.

Need to save up for my new jon.

jp

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Jason, I’ll give you a six pack to keep an eye on my pickup tonight.

-J.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

-J.

this could be lucrative…until the DNR asks for my vendor’s permit.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

-J.

You might need it if the hood rats read ido and find out where all the night traffic is going.

bgianpetro
    Minneapolis, MN

I’m kind of sad that I clicked on this thread.

I guess I’m one of the newbs on this site that’s seen some of these big walleye pictures and had the audacity to think “gee, I might want to catch one of those for myself.” I’m the evil entity that this site and its gratuitous bragging pics have brought to the water. And that makes me sad. Because I don’t like being the bad guy. And I don’t like wondering if I talk to a guy on the landing if he’s going to resent me because I’m the new IDO-manufactured evil.

I like fishing. And, generally speaking, I like fishermen. Part of the fun of fishing is the community, and being out there sharing ups and downs. I have always thought that IDO was a great community that I want to be a part of. I don’t want to feel unwelcome because I like catching fish, too.

And you want to know what the really funny thing is? I’m not even catching fish. The reality is that for all the amazing locations, tactics, tips, and knowledge I have gleaned from this site, there is still one little thing that people forget: fishing is hard. It takes practice, and time, and hands-on experience. It’s not like I see one of these pics with 494 in the background, run out to the launch, and then quickly pull a 28″ in to the boat. It doesn’t work like that (at least it hasn’t for me).

Someday I will figure it out, though. And I can only hope that when you see that pic of me holding a 28″, new people are on the site and say “hey, that looks like fun.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I don’t want to feel unwelcome because I like catching fish, too.

Do not judge a whole website by the opinion on one or even a few members.

deertracker

Quote:

Quote:

The friend thing is cute, Jon.

John, regarding the friend comment. I can say this without a doubt. Every person I know, keep in close contact with, hang out with, fish with today is a person I have met through this website. IDO, my family and the people I work with sum up every friendship I have. Would not change it for the world.

-J.

I remember years ago my dad(dinosaur) talked about this Jon guy he met on a fishing website. Thought it was kind of weird at first. Now that he has past I fish with Jon. Nice fish buddy.
    DT

bgianpetro
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

Do not judge a whole website by the opinion on one or even a few members.

Yup, makes sense. For the most part it seems like people on this site are very welcoming and helpful. It’s a good place to be. I was just trying to make a point.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

It’s not like I see one of these pics with 494 in the background, run out to the launch, and then quickly pull a 28″ in to the boat. It doesn’t work like that (at least it hasn’t for me).

Reminds me of earlier this spring when I just got back into fishing and I read on another forum about bass fishing with braid. I run out and spend $25 on a spool of braid and don’t have a clue how to fish with it and end up hating braid for most of the summer. I stuck with it and learned and now I like it.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

I remember years ago my dad(dinosaur) talked about this Jon guy he met on a fishing website. Thought it was kind of weird at first. Now that he has past I fish with Jon. Nice fish buddy.
    DT

Reminds me of my Grandpa (who is still with us) but Grandpa caught a big catfish on the river and this guy Kenny took a picture and mailed it to Grandpa. Grandpa and Kenny started to fish together from that day on. This year I got back into fishing so now it’s me, Grandpa and Kenny. The 3 of us went out Wednesday but Thursday Kenny took his neighbor and Grandpa and I went alone but we all went to the same spot. Kenny pulled up with his neighbor and introduced us as Johnny and Dave(Grandpa) his fishing buddies. That for me is what it’s all about.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

caught a big catfish

Now we’re talking!!

(just don’t post a picture of my spot )

d-train

Sometimes I wish there was a “+1”, “like”, “karma”, etc. button on this site because that post by BrettG was darn insightful. Count me in as a p2 newb, fished there close to a dozen times now over the last couple of years.

Some of us don’t get out on the water much because life gets in the way. We like to hear about the latest tactics, what’s working and where. And we especially like to live vicariously through you guys posting those big fish pictures. Keep ’em coming please.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I say everybody quit fishing pool 2 and let John23 have is very own river. He will finally be happy then. No need to reply John. Have a nice day.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I’m sorry, it just makes me laugh when people feel it’s ok for them to catch fish, but it’s not ok for other.

Does this “club” have a secret handshake?

I got a few more 2 liners to add

Huge fish

lotsa room

stop whining

herb
    6ft under

Way to go boys. now you’re gonna have all those darned iowa guys coming up to pool 2 and camping out on all the hot spots.
    Nice fish Jon.
    Anybody seen dee zee around? Kinda miss him.

mojogunter

No the Iowa guys prefer pool 4 where they can keep limits of 10″ saugers.

Quote:

Way to go boys. now you’re gonna have all those darned iowa guys coming up to pool 2 and camping out on all the hot spots.
    Nice fish Jon.
    Anybody seen dee zee around? Kinda miss him.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Nice Fish!

I am also one of the newbies for Pool 2. We were out last night for our first night bite and yes we had our lights on.

We have fished it maybe 10 times thru the summer and fall this year. I can say I like all the info on IDO that we can get. Does it help us not sure but it is fun to read and see the nice fish.

Even with all the info we were fishless last night but enjoyed just being out there. I say keep posting the pics and sharing tips. I also don’t understand what is the big deal with more traffic. It’s not like some of our other lakes and rivers where folks take every fish out and the numbers are affected. I am going to keep trying to learn the system and hopefully boat a nice one some day.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

For some of you guys that are newer to this body of water give it a few years and many many many trips out on the water and you may understand where John is coming from better and may even appreciate it. There are two sides to sharing info on these web sites. Its a great help in learning a new bite or body of water. It can also bring a lot of attention to it. You get both sides of this argument together and hopefully it brings some balance to what is being shared on line.

The bite was a little slow for us tonight but still had a great time on the water. Lots of missed fish tonight. Would guess about 15 boats out of 494. More than I like to see but still was able to find plenty of places to fish. Will have to check the weather in the morning to see about tomorrow evening.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I would respectfully disagree Mike.

It’s a catch and release fishery.

So this is a debate about fishing MY spots. Making sure YOU aren’t in MY area so I can catch MY fish. Keeping it under the radar so I have a parking spot at MY ramp on MY river.

I don’t care how much time is put in fishing, it’s a greedy, selfish attitude towards fishing and fellow fisherman. Plain and simple.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

For some of you guys that are newer to this body of water give it a few years and many many many trips out on the water and you may understand where John is coming from better and may even appreciate it.

Or you could watch from shore, as the 3 guys in a certain boat meander down the grand old river.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

I would respectfully disagree Mike.

It’s a catch and release fishery.

So this is a debate about fishing MY spots. Making sure YOU aren’t in MY area so I can catch MY fish. Keeping it under the radar so I have a parking spot at MY ramp on MY river.

I don’t care how much time is put in fishing, it’s a greedy, selfish attitude towards fishing and fellow fisherman. Plain and simple.

Just like i said Brian. Two sides to the argument.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Well, I am not a Newby. I am 650 miles away and I am trying to catch some eyes in North Dakota and having minimal success. I like seeing the pics. I like seeing what my friends are up to. I wish I was back there with you guys. Nice fish Jon! Put your lights on knuckleheads who aren’t doing that.

Joel

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I knew we could agree on this Mike!

One side doesn’t want anyone to know about and keep it to themselves… and the other wants other people to enjoy the same pleasure and excitement of getting on fish they had. Sometimes a big fish.

I think I’ve pretty much covered this topic. I’ll let the next guy have the last word. (this is about the time Pierbridge normally jumps in LOL!)

Side Note: Just like my wife and I don’t agree on everything, sometimes friends don’t always agree either. So if anyone reading this goes away with the thought of these guys don’t like each other, that’s totally wrong. I respect others opinions…even if they don’t share my views.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I knew we could agree on this Mike!

One side doesn’t want anyone to know about and keep it to themselves… and the other wants other people to enjoy the same pleasure and excitement of getting on fish they had. Sometimes a big fish.

I think I’ve pretty much covered this topic. I’ll let the next guy have the last word. (this is about the time Pierbridge normally jumps in LOL!)

Side Note: Just like my wife and I don’t agree on everything, sometimes friends don’t always agree either. So if anyone reading this goes away with the thought of these guys don’t like each other, that’s totally wrong. I respect others opinions…even if they don’t share my views.

I’ve been married before, and I don’t believe men and women were genetically disposed to agree on things…

Post deleted by Rodney King

Can’t we all just get along

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.