Buy Willow cats in the QC area?

• haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Is anyone aware of a shop that sells willow cats or can order them? The FLW is coming to town in October and I’m getting that question from out-of-town anglers already.

Thanks.

BBKK
    IA

Carbon cliff or credit island bait might be able to special order them, but no I dont think anyone in the QC stocks them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Long haul to Everts!

These are VHS certified, but I’m not sure how that works for interstate travel.

BBKK
    IA

Bait doesnt have to be VHS approved in Iowa. We can catch our own and sell to whoever we want if we pay the $20 license fee. Once you get them across the boarder you are good to go.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Figures.

Thanks for rubbing it in. LOL!

BBKK
    IA

You should see all the nice streams here where you can sit with a rod and sight fish nice 6-8″ bullheads all day. And chubs, the one stream by me you can get 40-50 every throw with a cast net.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

A small creek here in town is also loaded with chubs. Even if a guys not useing them for bait thier fun to fish for and some are big enough to eat.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

cast net

I can’t wait to meet you B BK, I’m going to sprinkle salt in your eye.

And I’ll laugh and laugh…

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

cast net

I can’t wait to meet you B BK, I’m going to sprinkle salt in your eye.

And I’ll laugh and laugh…

LOL!

hnd

like b bk i can catch chubs all day long in creeks around here. no one carries willow cats as far as i know. carbon cliff last time i asked couldn’t get them either. or wouldn’t but i was one guy too. not a ton of people calling like they are probably getting. crogearts and ez livin won’t get them either knowing those guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.