pool 2 prefishing

• riverdan

Been on the river everywhere lately but had to locate walleyes/saugers for a very important trip in a hour or so Taking my grandson out to try to get him to catch some walleyes, should be fun either way!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Enjoy your trip out Dan , its a great day to be out

riverdan

“River fishing 101″ Well first I had to upgrade the grandsons batman rod for a Limit Creek smoothy! I showed him how the hold the rod, reel a spin cast and what a bite would feel like and if he felt something like that set the hook like swinging a bat! Well it didn’t take long before he hooked his first fish a sheephead but you would of thought this one was a movie star how many pictures his dad took of it, got him baited back up and he hooked up on his first ever sauger a 16″, more pics, got him baited back up and before you knew it he had another sauger at the boat, more pics and got him once again baited up and then told his dad that I want to get a picture of Carter and me to put on the fishing forum, no sooner then that and he hooked up on his 3rd sauger another 16″ pictured got him all baited back up and moment later he said I’m stuck and I said no you have a good fish and up to the boat comes his 4th a 19” sauger pictured. He was so excited, he wanted to leave and go home and tell mom about his fish. So off the river we went, great fishing for the hour we were out but the memories we made will last a life time, my son-inlaw may not fish but my grandson loves it and is good at it!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

He was so excited, he wanted to leave and go home and tell mom about his fish. So off the river we went,

Well done, Dan! Need to be extra flexible when the young ones go out. I bet next time he puts in a full day.

Down tomorrow after being up north for the last week. Can’t wait!

-J.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.