windy afternoon on 4

• riverdan

Went down by myself this afternoon to try something different, I knew it was going to be windy and I wasn’t disappointed. I broke out a 3way and put a #5 firetiger floating rapala on, 4′ leader 18″ dropper and boy the saugers loved it, worked like a charm!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You aint a kidding it was windy out. Was hoping the river valley on pool 2 would block so of it. In reality I think it funneled it straight down the main channel. Did manage to find a few fish that where not bothered by the wind today. Think my face is going to be red for the rest of the week.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

try any other patterns?

thanks for the explicit report. it’s a testament to your concern for the common man…

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

good day for wind knots in your braid!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. Got a good one in my line some how. The line got caught in the light cover in the back of the boat. While trying to get that out I got it tangled in my flash light, my self, the seat and reel. Thought I was going to tie myself to the seat post for a second. Not sure how I did this but the wind and being dark out sure helped. The knife made quick work of it and Ill be respooling today.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

boy that sure sounds like my life and your post (apologies to RivDan for hijacking his post)was the first thing that’s made me chuckle in the last 6 months!!!

Since ALL of my guiding experience has been with maxima mono, this wind knot thing is completely new to me!! I’ve come up with a new mandatory equipment requirement for first mates:
    1) being able to tie uni knots blindfolded!!
    2) de-rigging shears on a bungee on your outer jacket!!

We actually had something similar to this on michigan, but it was cross-cut pliers for 135# steel DR hanging wire. Someday when i’m feeling sanguine, i’ll recount some of those midnite adventures…

Thanks for the chuckle, Mike.

redrnger

Boy you make me wish I did’nt live 4 hours away. Nice report Dan

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Nice job as always Dan. You are definetly a great angler. Do you ever have tough days like the rest of us sometimes do?

brianl

Right on! A great tactic to combat wind. Plus to me it’s a warmer presentation…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.