dnr pool 4

• samden

I was down by the landing on the wisc channel today to see how many were fishing out of there.there was 2 trailers.why would the dnr have an employee sitting in his car all afternoon when waiting for two boats to come in? Ihave no problem with them raiseing our license fee,but I think they could use the money in more responsible way.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

I think we should let them do their job, I am glad to see them on a Sunday at the ramp. Everyone that drives by knows they are out there checking people, then hopefully they will think about this before they do something stupid!

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

While it keeps everyone aware they are around, there has to be some area lakes flooded with guys ice fishing that they could make real contact with, and spread that awareness much further. Sitting in the car all day seems like an easy way around doing any real work.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like a fisheries student conducting creel surveys and not a CO.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

I’d say about 100% chance your right.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I agree and be nice to these kids.

jjpeterson
    Ellsworth WI

I would have to say if they were not in a black chevy extended cab or a silver dodge extended cab pick ups then they were not WI CO.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Quote:

I’d say about 100% chance your right.

X3

scott-k
    Red Wing

Being nice is a good thing!

I have a few former students trying to get into outdoor work and do creel and invasive species ramp checks up and down Pool 4 over the summer. Great kids who want to get in the profession!

Northeast MPLS

I agree, I’ve run into those guys a couple times this fall and winter. Just students doin creel surveys.
    Nice guys….gotta start somewhere.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

………..

Quote:

…You are correct sir: But the same guy sat on that ramp for over 5 hrs. during the last cold snap. With NO boats out of that ramp ALLDAY.!! ……..rrr

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Regardless of what they were doing, I think it is good to see some more CO/DNR presence down there.

riverdan

Quote:

That is correct talked with him many times he was even nice enough to measure all the fish

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I worked creel census my first few summers up here. It is a computer generated plan. It didn’t make sense to me either… I had to quit before the guys came off the lake, but I knew those were the guys with fish The plan said only check fish from 9AM until 5PM…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s the same with these guys Tom. Except sometimes the computer tells him to go to a frozen in launch. LOL!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

I think they could use the money in more responsible way.

Yep like a few docks, 7!3bo has me at the end of me ropes

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

You are exactly right Mr. Holst!

brianl

Expect to see 100-150 creel survey interns around the state. If your taking college courses toward a biology/fisheries degree hey if might pay better than other part time jobs available. Observant types may even learn a pattern on the fishing in some waters.

I wonder if there will be a invasive species pressure washer station on pool 4….my boat and trailer could use a good wash!!!

Brian Lauwers

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.