New Illinois State Record.

• iowaeye

Haha

“Take a 20min nap, wake up, catch a state record walleye”

Ez game i guess

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

WOW, I’m happy for the kid!…photos can be misleading but I would have never guessed 14.7 on that fish… The clip did say the fish had not been verified yet…Thanks for the post Tony.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

One of my buddies sent me this photo from his phone yesterday. Very nice fish from a small river.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Haha

“Take a 20min nap, wake up, catch a state record walleye”

Ez game i guess

“woke up from about a 20 nimit nap”

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

That is a better angle to show the girth of the fish…very nice!

DanPalmer

This is a certified Record minus the tissue sample, witnessed/confirmed by Warden Brian Alt. 31″ 20 1/4″ girth. 14 pounds 12 ounces. Couldnt happen to better people. Nick and his Father Dave have whooped all of us on this river in our local tournaments and fish very loyally local here on the Rock and Pecatonica. For the full story check out tomorrows Chicago Sun Times! One reminder…. Aquatic Invasive Species are not welcome in our beautiful little river. Inspect, remove, wash and dry any where you travel to. Keep your Net Wet! Dan Palmer

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Do you know what’s bad about this??????THis river is in my backyard and I’ve never fished it….what a fool I am.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Do you know what’s bad about this??????THis river is in my backyard and I’ve never fished it….what a fool I am.

Now that’s gotta hurt!

redrnger

I live just a couple off miles from the Pec and right by the Rockriver.The fact that this fish was caught here is no surprise to me as numerous fish up to over 12# have been caught here in the last 2 years. The resent warm water weather has kept the rivers open when normally there froze up.As Dan said this father and son put in there time on the river and I congratulate them on a job well done.BILL

lunker33
    excelsior

Way 2 GO!!!!

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Looks like the new mark for us to beat over on Pool 14!

I know of 3 credible 31″ walleye caught and released in this Pool the last 2 years, but they need to get caught March instead of September. All caught bass fishing. 2 on jig/pork and 1 on chatterbait. I can’t wait to get out and collect fish for the hatchery this year!

little-t
    Plymouth WI

Nice job Nick!! Beautiful fish! Many more for you in da future!

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Dang that is a nice fish! Congratulations!

DanPalmer

Illinois DNR has issued an Official Press Release and confirmed the new record about an hour ago. Congrats to Nick and his Father Dave Tassoni. Indeed we have an awsome river here in our backyard! Please help us keep it that way if you plan to visit. Practice CLEAN Fishing! Aquatic Invasive Species are no joke!
    Dan Palmer

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I’m just glad to see the record broken by an angler who put their time in on the water.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Congrats to the duo on a terrific Walleye.
    Jack

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.