P2 Open Water Walleye Clobbering Ain’t Over Yet

• drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I post this in hopes that somebody is lined up on a wingdam right now catching 6 to 10 lb walleyes with ease. I would be out there right now if I could. Hopefully Jake, Mike, Jason, Gary, Steve, Joe, Jon, Marty, Patrick, ….. Somebody, is enjoying these ideal conditions!

Joel

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im enjoying reading this post. Almost as much fun as catching big river walleyes.

What makes this really tough is knowing the end is coming soon. Friday or Saturday night looks good this week Joel.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Steve’s boat is put away for the winter, proving once again how smart he is

So Joel know of any good shore fishing spots?

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Do any stores around here carry moxies or paddletails? I hear a lot of you pool 2 guys doing good on these baits and was wondering the easiest/cheapest way to find these baits. Anyone ice fish pool 2 backwaters? Was wondering if it would be worth trying grey cloud this winter.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Do any stores around here carry moxies or paddletails? I hear a lot of you pool 2 guys doing good on these baits and was wondering the easiest/cheapest way to find these baits. Anyone ice fish pool 2 backwaters? Was wondering if it would be worth trying grey cloud this winter.

Both Joes and Thorne Bros carry them.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Thanks james

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

don’t forget deanstacklebox.com

micah-witham
    Richfield

speaking of this post Joel, I’m still without a boat and will be for a while so if anyone is looking for company some night this week, I would gladly bring beer, money for gas or even pb&j if that’s your thing.

buschman
    Pool 2

Joel, how’d ya know. I know a few nice fish have sore mouths after yesterday I cant get back down till this weekend but we had cut up some sheet ice forming in lions levee last night. Wont be long!!! I would be willing to guess that she will be froze up good by this time next week. Fishable but froze up!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Anyone report on P2? Is it open and fishable yet? Tomorrow doesn’t look too terrible!!

ET

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I was out last night. Picked a few fish with the biggest being 26 and 25.5 inches long. They sure are big bellied right now. Looks like they have already produced most of their eggs already. The ramp had little snow on it at 8 pm when I quit, but I haven’t been down there yet today to see if they plowed snow onto the ramps or not. I put down a bunch of salt when I left.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If its not over now its darn close. The snow from yesterday was freezing on the surface last night. Bring a shovel and salt with for the landing. My truck was sliding around pretty good trying to pull a snow filed boat up to the top of the dike.

Caught fish early yesterday but the bite tapered off quick. Managed to put together a small dragging bite later on but the snow was getting the best of us by then.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I would say that NOW P2 clobbering is over, barring a real good warmup…. BUT IT WAS AWESOME!

dd

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

long term forecast is for several days of 40*F next week…

mojogunter

I don’t know where you saw that forecast. Everything I looked at is cold for the next week. I hope it hits 40

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

And a few photos from last night. Great trip guys.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

A few from Friday night to. Good fishing with you guys Friday night.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Great video and tunes Jon. The video helped capture the fun of being out last night. My daughter enjoyed being able to see what it was like last night without actually being there.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That is a better video than a lot of fishing shows I’ve seen.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Ok I was premature in my prediction that it is over (Johnny). Crappiekiller and friend launched out of 494 20 minutes ago. Single digits tonight….. That should do it.
    …. Or will it?

dd

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been out in this kind of weather before, and it mostly just sucks. Even the fish freeze before you can take a picture, which can’t be good for them. Still, there’s a part of me that’s a bit jealous! I look forward to hearing the report!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If i could only sing as well.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I was going to put a link up to a Drew Carey video, but when I searched for one I found out that he’s looking a little weird these days. I still think there’s a pretty strong resemblance between the old Drew Carey and MikeW, though!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You guys are killing me.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.