Pool 2 Friday 9/16

• micah-witham
    Richfield

Got out this morning on Pool 2 for a few hours and thought I would post my findings. Good to be out in the cool fall air that’s for sure! Wish the fishing would have been better but it was nice to be on the water.
    Fished wing dams primarily and launched at 494. Last year this about this time I had a pretty good dragging bite going so I thought I would start there with nothing but a lost jig to show for it.
    Moved to a productive dam and casted plastics and hair for quite a while, again nothing to show for my efforts except a small white bass.
    Getting a little chilly so I thought I would throw a crank for a while to warm up my hands and that was the ticket. Two fish in about 6 casts off the tip of this dam out near the most current (which isn’t much) on a bomber.
    Figuring there might be more on this spot I anchored and managed the nicest walleye of the day measuring 25 on a patriot hair jig.

That was it for me. Hope some fish start showing up this weekend in earnest. Anyone been out after dark yet this year? Thinking it might be time for some night outings.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looking forward to getting back out there early Saturday morning. Thanks for the report Micah.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.