Pool 2 Shore Fishing

• drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I made it out this morning to try a shore fishing spot I have been wanting to try for a while. I did not know how to get there; but I was able to drive right to it no problem.

This area is pretty much all riprap and not the kind of place you want to be tossing jigs. So I went with the crankbaits. I tossed the cranks out as far as I could and reeled with the rod tip down to get the crank diving and to try to hit rock as far out as possible. As soon as I hit rock I lifted the rodtip and slowed way down to bounce the crank off the rocks and back into shore. You don’t want to keep the rodtip down and keep cranking fast. You will snag every time. The hits came after bouncing off rocks and were violent.

I managed a 26″ and a 23″ inch walleye (pictured) a few sheepies, and a little smallie. I also had to break off a crank that was snagged which immediately floated up. I was able to snag that with a jig (pictured). Flickershads and 5A bombers were the ticket. I also got a couple of sheepies with blade baits which I worked out deeper.

And Gary was nice enough to troll by and invite me into his boat for a little trolling before I had to go. Thanks Gary!

dd

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sad to say, looks like in one trip to the shore you have out done all my shore trips this year put together.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Sad to say, looks like in one trip to the shore you have out done all my shore trips this year put together.

Maybe Pug; but Ryan is kicking everybodys butt with the walleyes he has been getting from…. SOMEWHERE

Thanks for the replies guys!

Joel

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

And Gary was nice enough to troll by and invite me into his boat for a little trolling before I had to go. Thanks Gary!

Gary rocks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im surprised Gary was traveling slow enough to notice you there in that rocket he drives around in. Will be down 1st thing in the morning to see if I can find some of those shallow eyes.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Nice whitetips Joel!

jp

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Thanks Jason! Mike you will have to take a spin in Gary’s rocket canoe. That thing flies!

Joel

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Nice eyes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.