4 days fishing pools 13 and 14

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I spent the last four days on the river burning up some vacation time. The bite has been a little tough , but with persistence you can put a few in the boat. I started Thursday fishing Pool 13 out of Savanna. It was a very tough bite for us that day, the fish we did catch came out of a running slough in 4 to 6 ft of water. We fished many wingdams and current breaks with zero success. The next 3 days we fished pool 14 we were able to catch fish with several different techniques . The best seemed to be Dubuque rigs with floaters baited with leeches. Fish also fell to hairjigs and cranks trolled on flats. We boated on average ten fish a day. That is not great numbers for this time of year, but with the river above 12 ft I’ll take it. Here is a pic of the best fish of the weekend a 27incher. It inhaled a hairjig and leech combo in 6 ft of water. Hopefully this heat wave won’t completely shut the bite down.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Great Job Brother !!!! Gotta love those pools 13&14 !!!!!
    Glenn

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That always makes for a great day. Congrats.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Good job, might have to get out on the river soon.

jags

Nice job, nice fish. I will be hitting pool 12 this weekend to see if the conditions have improved. It sure has been a tough year in pool 12 so far. I am hoping that the scorching temps didn’t hurt the bite, and that the water will get to normal pool and flow. Its been a hunt – for sure.

ajw1975

awesome. nice fish for the board

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I will be hitting 14 for 5 days starting aug 10th. I`m praying is settles down for good then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.