La Crosse Pool 7/8

• danomite

Hello all!

I just moved to La Crosse and I’m trying to figure out the walleyes down here. There are so many little sloughs and backwaters I’m getting a bit frustrated while the water is still up. I’m excited to fish all the wing dams, but its a bit early for that I think.

If anyone that has fished this pool before could give me a few pointers or recommend some spots to try it would be much appreciated.

Happy Fishing!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

If you want to shorten the learning curve, consider joining the LaCrosse Area Walleye Club. http://www.lacrossewalleyeclub.com

We have monthly meetings, club outings, small club tourneys ($10 per boat) etc.. to help us share info and learn new techniques and areas. Shoot me a pm with your email address if you want to be added to the newsletter mailing list.

Thanks,

Marshall

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

welcome to Ido, and to LaCrosse.. enjoy the area.. time on the water is your best way to learn.. TAKE YOUR TIME.. don’t run unless you know where you are going.. obey the 5 foot rule.. meaning you can run if its 5 foot.. if its not 5 foot idle.. and use a flasher for navigation instead of a graph.. because once the graph shows you the wing dam.. you have already HIT IT..

I wish you well.
    the rat..

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

If you want to shorten the learning curve, consider joining the LaCrosse Area Walleye Club. http://www.lacrossewalleyeclub.com

We have monthly meetings, club outings, small club tourneys ($10 per boat) etc.. to help us share info and learn new techniques and areas. Shoot me a pm with your email address if you want to be added to the newsletter mailing list.

Thanks,

Marshall

I tried to get in that last year but must of been denied…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Shane, resend me your email, I’ll make sure you’re on the list.

Sorry sir

Tyler Andrews

Hi there, I am a kayak fisherman who enjoys all types of fishing but lately I have been trying to focus on walleye. I am wondering if anyone has any tips or is able to help me become a member of the lacrosse area walleye club

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

We’re more active on Facebook these days. Shoot a membership request and I’ll accept it right away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.