Pool 14

• john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Fished pool 14 on 5/19 and managed to put together a decent day. Trolling cranks in backwaters put a few fish in the boat, dragging jigs/hair jigs with 1/2 crawler turned out to be our best bet. Fishing fairly shallow, close to shore was the key. Around 20 eyes, multiple sheepies, a few northerns, and some lm and sm bass bonus fish. All in all a good day with Mr. Tony Apisa and my daughters boyfriend.
    No big eyes this day, just a good mix of 12-18″ fish.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

So pool 14 is just below Lock & Dam 13? I need more coffee this morning

Sounds like you had a good day, I live in Clinton.

bassinted
    Dixon IL

sounds like a good day dispite the high water,at least it is goim down.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Congrat’s sounds like you guy’s had a good day. I’m going to hit it in the morning , hope you left a couple.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

So pool 14 is just below Lock & Dam 13? I need more coffee this morning

Sounds like you had a good day, I live in Clinton.

Yep, pool 14 runs from LeClaire to Clinton dam. Mica, we left plenty. Also left a few slimers with jigs still inside!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Quote:

All in all a good day with Mr. Tony Apisa

Calling me Mister is like putting a saddle on a sow. It just aint right.LOL. Had a blast as usual. Thanks buddy.
    Not all those sunflower seeds were mine now.

jags

John – sounds like you had a great day. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of trolling speeds up/down river were you running. Up here in pool 12 I am getting ready to try and put a buddy (fishing with me) on some fish and of course we are still dealing with the same water flow that you were fighting.

I’m not normally a trolling guy, but this looks like the approach I may have to go to. My normal haunts are likely to be unfishable with this kind of flow.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Jags, fishing off current areas and on the edges, running 1.2 to 1.6 mph gps. Good luck! The fish we caught were not shy about hitting!

jags

Quote:

Jags, fishing off current areas and on the edges, running 1.2 to 1.6 mph gps. Good luck! The fish we caught were not shy about hitting!

Gotcha – thanks for the tips John.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.