VMC Sureset Treble

• IceManBran

I’m pretty positive I recall James saying while back that VMC was bringing back the sureset trebles.

Are these gone for good? I check the VMC site every few months but no sign of their return.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m pretty positive I recall James saying while back that VMC was bringing back the sureset trebles.

Are these gone for good? I check the VMC site every few months but no sign of their return.

There’s definitely talk of bringing them back but it won’t happen quickly. Typically it takes several years from the decision to add a new product / bring back a discontinued product and seeing it back on the shelves.

If my aging memory serves me the first talk I heard of the Sure Sets coming back was this past spring so that means there’s no chance they’ll be available for this winter.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Those things are deadly. I have a ton of old Rattlin raps with them. I have peole often offer to buy those baits from me just for the hooks.

CaptainMusky

I love those hooks! I put them on most of my cranks on the back hook. Really helped hooking percentage.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Some of us might be sitting on about 15 dozen of them from when they were discontinued and you could buy them in bulk

CaptainMusky

Some of us might be sitting on about 15 dozen of them from when they were discontinued and you could buy them in bulk

I dont have that many but its probably close.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Back when lurepartsonline.com had them available in bulk I stocked up big time. Now that they’re sold out I haven’t seen them available anywhere for quite some time.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Back when lurepartsonline.com had them available in bulk I stocked up big time. Now that they’re sold out I haven’t seen them available anywhere for quite some time.

x2

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I do have some of those stocked up as well but last year I went to number 4 octopus hooks for my 4-5 inch sucker minnows for walleyes and had one of my best years ever so I am going to start the year that same way.

I do like to use the sure sets though if I am pike fishing… although that is rare that I do that.

Those hooks are super sticky though and work great running along the back of a minnow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.