Vikings top draft pick cited for driving 140 mph on I-94 in Lamborghini

• TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I don’t see the problem with it. I swear some people forget what it was like to be young. Others of us take a little longer to grow up as well.

A friend of mine had a ZR -1 that we would take to supper every Friday night when we built a wind farm in west Texas.
    It was 7 miles from Lockney Texas to Floydada Texas. The highway was a divided highway with Texas typical speed limits 75 during the day and 70 at night.
    When you came around a curve in Lockney you down shifted one gear, hit the throttle and let her eat. I had the record of 185 for ever and then one night he hit 191. He had to have had a tail win.

I’m assuming a C6?

Those are fun cars.

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael Best wrote:</div>
    I don’t see the problem with it. I swear some people forget what it was like to be young. Others of us take a little longer to grow up as well.

A friend of mine had a ZR -1 that we would take to supper every Friday night when we built a wind farm in west Texas.
    It was 7 miles from Lockney Texas to Floydada Texas. The highway was a divided highway with Texas typical speed limits 75 during the day and 70 at night.
    When you came around a curve in Lockney you down shifted one gear, hit the throttle and let her eat. I had the record of 185 for ever and then one night he hit 191. He had to have had a tail win.

That’s fast. I hit 168 in-between rush and pine city on my cbr. she was still increasing but I had to let off. That was fast, 185 and 191 is wild. Hit 130 on my yamaha vmax many times. That bike was awesome

Yeah it was fast but i was in a car. Until then 130 was the fastest I had gone. But 168 had to be wicked on a bike.

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael Best wrote:</div>

I’m assuming a C6?

Those are fun cars.

I am not sure.
    I thought my buddy said there wadi not one version faster. But don’t quote me on that.
    It had headers and you could hit this switch to muffle the sound of you were cruising down the highway. But hit the switch to open them and let her roar.
    Pretty cool car. Had a heads up display in the windshield too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah it was fast but i was in a car. Until then 130 was the fastest I had gone. But 168 had to be wicked on a bike.
    [/quote]

168 was very wicked. Not bad hitting it but spooky letting off.

CaptainMusky

I could drive over 120 on a snowmobile any day of the week, but any speed over 100 on a motorcycle terrifies me.

big_g
    Isle, MN

103 mph on a snowmobile on glare ice was hairy. Doing radar runs… shock

Alex Fox

Originally from Iowa…if you’re caught going 25 over the posted limit there, automatic loss of license. Being young is not an excuse for being stupid.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I could drive over 120 on a snowmobile any day of the week, but any speed over 100 on a motorcycle terrifies me.

I’m the exact opposite, rode bikes all my life. Tried the sled life and totaled 2 then gave up and went with slow pulling sleds

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Ah, a C6 did have a bypass valve from the factory. Although at full throttle the valve would open, not activated via a switch, so that was likely the mild to wild switch. If it was a C6 ZR1, it would have been the fastest factory Vette at that time.

I’m honestly guessing it was a C7, because the C6 Top speed was around 200. Headers would help top speed a bit, but the factory manifolds on the C6 were remarkably efficient.

Still fun to run at those speeds. I’ve been a speed freak my whole life, but I can’t say I’ve ever hit that kind of speed without wings and/or while driving myself. I foolishly took a ride with a friend that owns a TT Viper with over 1200 RWHP and 200 came awful fast in that beast.

What the hell have you done to your sled that gives you the opportunity to hit 120 easily? I say easily, because you said any day of the week. Sleds are limited “mostly” by their clutch, very few have clutching to allow for both blinding acceleration and top end speed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Originally from Iowa…if you’re caught going 25 over the posted limit there, automatic loss of license. Being young is not an excuse for being stupid.

Having fun and pushing boundaries is part of growing up. I have been a speed junkie all my life. I still kiss 100 plus weekly on the right stretches.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Originally from Iowa…if you’re caught going 25 over the posted limit there, automatic loss of license.

He will have his license revoked for 6 months. The lamborghini will not be used until at least January and by then its winter here so probably not again until next spring in MN. I’m sure one of his teammates will give him a ride in their Mercedes though.

Under Minnesota Statute 169.14, any person who violates the speed limit by driving in excess of 100 miles per hour will have their driver’s license revoked for at least six months.

MX1825

Take it to a track. There is a place and time for everything.
    Another old fart.

As far as insurance rates go, boys and girls rates should be the same when they get their DL at 16. Raise them the 1st time they screw up. In my opinion it is discrimination. I don’t care what statistics they use.
    We all know you can’t use statistics when it comes to robberies, drug use, murders, etc. because that is discrimination, prejudicial, or racist. JMO

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Another old fart.

As far as insurance rates go, boys and girls rates should be the same when they get their DL at 16. Raise them the 1st time they screw up. In my opinion it is discrimination. I don’t care what statistics they use.
    We all know you can’t use statistics when it comes to robberies, drug use, murders, etc. because that is discrimination, prejudicial, or racist. JMO

Insurance rates are basically based completely on statistics. That’s how they make money. You are just another statistic/number in their system.

Other why would a Corvette be cheaper to insure than a Camaro? Hell my wife’s CX5 is more expensive then my Vette, and the Mazda is basically 1/3 the value.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Another old fart.

No tracks close so we use our roads.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

I hope he never plays a down in the nfl . Sure am glad he didn’t kill anyone not surprising no one takes it as a serious offense let’s just keep letting the inmates run the prison up
    There . This thread says a lot about society turning a blind eye to criminal behavior . Especially for the privileged. 140 mph in a 300 thousand dollar sports car . Wreckless
    Irresponsible stupid all come
    To mind . Another young man who is wasting a golden opportunity which he surely earned . It’s too bad these athletes get put on pedestals and become role models for younger athletes because this guy is definitely not one I would want my kids looking up to . He’s lucky he didn’t hit and kill a car full of kids or a nurse coming home
    From
    Work someone who
    Actually contributes to
    Society then maybe their would
    Be outrage .

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Young with money, what do you expect?
    I was young with no money grin
    When I was 24 I went from Hurley to Mercer WI (23 miles of busy 2 lane highway) in 12 minutes on a Honda Magna V45.
    Why? I was late for a softball game…
    I passed a carload of my buds on a straight in a blur.
    Stupid? Yes. Think anything if it when I got to the field? Yes, total rush!!

Fastest in a car was 148 with my Dad driving a Vette on the last weekend he owned it (like in 1972)
    Hwy 14 going from LaCrosse to Madison to watch a Badgers game on a Saturday morning. It was mostly two lane in those days, but there was a four lane section just before you got to Richland Center, he went up and over the hill and then down into town.
    I’ll never forget, he was coming up to the split, And he said “let’s see what this thing will do”. We hit the top of that hill and I swear I felt that Vette come off the ground for just a second or so. The telephone poles were a blur, barely visible as we flew by them.
    Oh to be that young again…….

eyeguy507
    SE MN

can’t fix stupid. when the kids first words to a reporter are “lets get paid”, you probably fkd up?

i thought it was an awful pick and they should have went D with Nolan Smith on the board. but they can make their bed now.

Deuces

Wreckless
    Irresponsible stupid all come
    To mind

Grammar also comes to mind lol

Sorry, softball there

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Hmmm Vikings secret weapon ? He will be that fast on the field ? LOL

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

He wasn’t intoxicated, and it was at 3 am when the roads are empty. He gets a pass from me. It was stupid from a PR perspective, but he was being responsibly irresponsible. If he turns out to be a great receiver, his lore started with the perfect intro.

Ripjiggen

He was just working on us “GO” routes…

Dan
    Southeast MN

To me it’s worth mentioning a tip of the cap to law enforcement. We always hear the phrase “they’re out there every day putting their lives on the line for us.” If he was going 130 somebody had to catch up to him to pull him over. Very well could have been a spouse and young kids asleep at home while Dad or Mom is driving deadly speeds to stop a dangerous situation. Can’t appreciate law enforcement enough.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

To me it’s worth mentioning a tip of the cap to law enforcement. We always hear the phrase “they’re out there every day putting their lives on the line for us.” If he was going 130 somebody had to catch up to him to pull him over. Very well could have been a spouse and young kids asleep at home while Dad or Mom is driving deadly speeds to stop a dangerous situation. Can’t appreciate law enforcement enough.

I’m pretty sure he got flagged by traffic cameras and pulled over immediately after seeing the flashing lights. I doubt he put anyone in any real danger. Roads are empty at that time in the morning. I want to see the body cam video.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

At least he is a dog guy!

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Rookie Vikings wide receiver Jordan Addison told a state trooper he was going 140 mph on Interstate 94 at 3 a.m. because his dog was having an emergency at home, according to a citation.

Addison was cited for speeding and reckless driving, both misdemeanors, after a trooper caught him exceeding the speed limit by 85 mph on I-94 near Dale Street in St. Paul Thursday morning.

The 21-year-old receiver was driving a Lamborghini with dealer plates at the time, according to the citation.

Addison reported for Vikings training camp on Sunday, the team said. After this traffic stop, the team said it was aware of the incident and gathering more information.

CaptainMusky

Who was the Vikings player that got pulled over like twice from Mankato that one year?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Who was the Vikings player that got pulled over like twice from Mankato that one year?

Koren Robinson.

Addison has $13M guaranteed at this point, and if he’s already buying a Lambo he better hope for a long career and 2+ contracts….

tim hurley

A while back on the news they said that no NFL player had a criminal charge in a year-this was newsworthy!

CaptainMusky

A while back on the news they said that no NFL player had a criminal charge in a year-this was newsworthy!

Its pretty sad to think about isnt it? These guys get paid millions of dollars and along with that some of their friends are bad influences and plus you have some women, albeit maybe not many, that see the dollar signs and make accusations that arent true or even get pregnant just looking for a pay day. Listen that sounds crass, but some of these gals know what they are doing and there was an NBA girlfriend who went on social media and bragged about lying about being on birth control so she would end up pregnant by some NBA player she was “dating”. People are sick, but these athletes need a lot of handlers in their life to try and keep them on the straight and narrow. Its not easy.

Ripjiggen

The Lambo was used…He will be fine. rotflol

toothyfish

It helps when they get caught commiting crimes but they get a pass cause they’re rich and famous. Noted rapist Deshaun Watson was just telling the media how the 25+ women he sexually assaulted was just a narrative they made up. Antonio Brown committed a whole pile of crimes but managed to somehow not actually face any repercussions for any of them.

All the people saying Addison going 140 mph is no big deal must have forgotten about Jeff Gladney and Henry Ruggs? Wasn’t that long ago but one killed himself and his passenger and the other killed a young woman and her dog. Seemed fairly serious to them.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.