Vermillion in Tower

• mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

What is Vermillion like to fish? Looks shallow and rocky.
    I’ve got a customer that wants me to install countertops at his cabin on Vermillion out of Tower.
    Wondering if I should give him a deal and do some ice fishing up there this winter?

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

I would definitely go ice fishing up there ,but I wouldn’t consider giving him a deal as most people who have cabins on vermillion are stacked and can surely pay u well for your time toast

Al Case

I’ve fished it dozens of times in the summer. I’ll be watching for answers to your question about ice fishing there.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I give big deals for any cabin work. Remember you’re most likely not competing with companies down here, smaller companies up there do work, especially in winter, for much lower prices than we see here.

You get away for a couple days, make a little money, fish a little bit, and the customer gets a good price on work, winner winner. woot

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I give big deals for any cabin work. Remember you’re most likely not competing with companies down here, smaller companies up there do work, especially in winter, for much lower prices than we see here.

You get away for a couple days, make a little money, fish a little bit, and the customer gets a good price on work, winner winner. woot

I gotta a pond & I’m North of you!! wink jester grin

Scott

I store my Yetti in Grand Rapids so I plan on getting to Vermillion a couple times

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I gotta a pond & I’m North of you!!

If that pond is stocked, I’m in woot

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Mitch – Do you do post form laminate?

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

Mitch – Do you do post form laminate?

d
    No, we do custom laminate, quartz and granite.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Not a ton of people ice fish it, so you might not get a lot of info. From what I hear, it can be pretty good. It is a beautiful area for sledding, so that gets a lot of attention.

?????

It can be very good. first of the year most people fish right off Mikenley Park. Just a short walk. If you have transportation there are good pleace to fish in Armstrong Bay, Mud creek bay and big bay. We used to fish them alot and had the places to our selves.

Jeff Fitzpatrick

I agree – the lake doesn’t get much pressure through the ice. It’s a big lake with a lot of structure so the fish can be tough to find. If ya find a school though, you can get them all to yourself.

curleytail

Are most of you talking about walleyes or crappies? I figure ‘eyes get the most attention there, but I’ve heard there are some dandy crappies in Big V if you locate them. Just not sure how hard the locating part is, especially through the ice.

Jeff Fitzpatrick

We’ve tried finding crappies a few times but usually just find tullibee. They’re elusive…

?????

If you are looking for Crappies I believe alot of people fish them in the bay close to the Trout Lake portag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.