Vantage Trolling Moter (Issue)

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hey guys,. I would have posted this under the Toys forum but wasn’t sure where it would fit.

I turn on the power. Hit “Down” and nothing happens. The “Down” light turns red but it doesn’t go down. I hit “up” and the “down” light stays lit. Unplugged and tried again with no change. Batteries are charged. Looked for Frequently asked questions and trouble shooting methods online and nothing is helping. Called the boat dealer and they weren’t sure either. The unit is 11 months old and has worked perfectly fine up until now. Has anyone had this happen before? Any ideas?

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Shear pin maybe?

Call Minn Kota. There customer service is outstanding.

jerry b
    western WI

A couple years back I had something similar. Took it to the experts and it checked totally good. Turns out I had a bad plug in on the boat side. Changed that out and it’s been good ever since. jerr

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

The up and down funtionality is 12 volts. Check the yellow wire inside the plug.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Thanks Guys. I called just now and I was number 11,,waited for 15 minutes and got down to number 8 in line. I’ll try again in the morning. But until then, what do you mean buy “plug”?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks Guys. I called just now and I was number 11,,waited for 15 minutes and got down to number 8 in line. I’ll try again in the morning. But until then, what do you mean buy “plug”?

The plug where it connects to the boat. If you take the plug apart you will see a yellow wire. The yellow wire is the 12 volt and controls up and down. Check that to make sure it isn’t corroded or broke off. The female end of the plug built into the boat can have issues too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.