Valentine Area crappies

• tim hurley

Wake up Neb. forum! James just slayed somes slabs in a pothole south of Valentine near the Merritt Reservoir-anyone have any tips for finding a good lake in this area? I have inlaws that live out there so I might just wet a line this summer. Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It was a good show wasn’t it?!

whitetips2

Wake up Neb. forum! James just slayed somes slabs in a pothole south of Valentine near the Merritt Reservoir-anyone have any tips for finding a good lake in this area? I have inlaws that live out there so I might just wet a line this summer. Thanks

Great show, great example of the potential Nebraska’s sandhill lakes offer. If you are looking for where to go, you gotta start here:

2019 Fishing Forecast

And here:

Valentine Refuge Fisheries Sampling Summary

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Andy Cummings

Two buddies and myself are thinking about making a trip down to check this area out next weekend (March 22-25th). Anyone we could contact for tips for even a guide for the day to get into the crappies like on the show? We planned on heading to Dryden from MN, but the slush conditions don’t look too favorable. I tried to find the guy James was fishing with but the website he has for his pro stuff doesn’t have a contact email. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

tim hurley

James may have been on private land. Someone posted that their snowmobiles would not have been allowed on the refuge (?) I would not want to drive that far to then knock on doors. In fact not doors but maybe one door-tracs of land out there can be huge. Of course if you have a good plan “B’ why not. Tell us how it works out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.