V2090 Trim Tabs

• Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I have Lenco trim tabs put on my 2090 this year and just thought I would report in on how I like them so far.

My absolute favorite part about them is being able to even the boat out when you don’t have your gear or passengers weighted evenly. I fished a tournament last weekend on lake Bemidji where there were many different programs going on to catch fish. Coolers full of minnows, Leeches, crawlers, and everything needed to pull lead core. Being able to use the trim tabs to level the boat is AWESOME!

The other thing I really enjoy about them is when I am quartering waves I can fine tune how the bow is hitting them. Makes for a little softer ride in the rough stuff.

Overall they slowed me down about 1.5 MPH from last year, but I would take the improvements in every day operation over the 1.5 MPH.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

I love my Lenco tabs too for the same reasons. Being able to adjust the bow attitude/level and control planing speed when running rough water is a big advantage.

I find it really odd that they slowed you down though. They should have no effect whatsoever on your speed when fully retracted and running wipe open.

Same boat, same motor, same weight load, only difference is the trim tabs?

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Yeah it’s the only thing I can think of that’s different. Either way 1.5 MPH isn’t much.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Yeah it’s the only thing I can think of that’s different.

1.5mph, wow. How many times did you go to Chipotle while your trim tabs were getting installed?!?!

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

How many times did you go to Chipotle while your trim tabs were getting installed?!?!

Too many to count!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Interesting, I believe I’m on year 5 with Tabs on both Skeeter and Warrior this past year. I honestly haven’t noticed that. However, rough water speed with tabs , and more importantly my physical comfort, far outweighs a calm water 1 mph speed increase if indeed there is one.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

This may be a dumb question. I have a yar-craft 2095 with a 200 merc. Pulling cranks with the big motor the slowest I can go is about 2.5 to 2.8. I have to put my vantage on to slow me down enough. Do you think that trim tabs all the way down would slow the boat down a mile per hour at idle? I have run a few ocean boats with them but nothing smaller then a 26′.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

This may be a dumb question. I have a yar-craft 2095 with a 200 merc. Pulling cranks with the big motor the slowest I can go is about 2.5 to 2.8. I have to put my vantage on to slow me down enough. Do you think that trim tabs all the way down would slow the boat down a mile per hour at idle? I have run a few ocean boats with them but nothing smaller then a 26′.

In my experience, unfortunately the answer is no. I was hoping for the same thing, but at best I saw about a 0.5mph reduction in speed.

They aren’t big enough and they don’t extend down far enough to create enough drag to really slow the boat down at an idle.

Waxy

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I would agree with that statement. They will slow you down a little bit, but not a full mile per hour.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.