Used Browning Citori Grade 6

• ganderpike
    Alexandria

A Grade 6 Citori will hold value exceptionally well. Beautiful gun. $1700 is Blue Book value, so assuming it’s a 2018-current that’s a fair price. Probably not going to find that on the shelves.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Also depends on add ons like adjustable comb, adjustable but, factory triggers, forcing cone work etc. I have a grade 3 trap which is close to that, only thing I don’t like are the citori triggers, so much creep from the coil spring design.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Both of the Grade 6 Citori shotguns in that auction have 12,20,28 and 410 barrels included. That changes the value significantly, IMO.

In the current market, $2500 to $3000 in NRA grade very good. Higher in NRA grade excellent. Complete multi barrel set Grade 6 guns are not common so the “value” is what one bidder will pay because it would take some time to get another chance at a good used one.

If you can get them for less, you’ve gotten a true deal.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Both of the Grade 6 Citori shotguns in that auction have 12,20,28 and 410 barrels included. That changes the value significantly, IMO.

If the gun has 12,20,28 and 410 barrels, I would bet it is a skeet gun set. All the barrels are choked for skeet.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

If the gun has 12,20,28 and 410 barrels, I would bet it is a skeet gun set. All the barrels are choked for skeet.

Yes. That would be a skeet gun set.

However who would use a Browning Citori grade 6 for skeet? A little hard for me to fathom pounding a shotgun like that by shooting skeet with it.

Thanks for the information! There’s an information lot at the top and the Citoris are from an estate I believe. I think the seller was a competition skeet champion so they were probably shot a fair amount.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think the seller was a competition skeet champion so they were probably shot a fair amount.

If they were competition guns, I would want to make sure the guns lock up tightly and have not been “shot off face”. If you are serious about bidding, I would specifically ask the seller questions about how the guns lock up and is there any looseness or play in the actions. Obviously, if you can inspect the guns in person (and know what you are looking for), that would be the best option.

Interesting auction, that’s for sure. 2 of the same Garde 6 guns with full skeet barrel sets and screw in chokes. Not something you see a lot.

Will be interesting to hear if you bid and what these guns go for. In the current market, anything can happen.

Gitchi Gummi

How do you know what grade a citori is? I just bought one this last fall and would be curious to know what mine is.

As far as prices, depending on the specific model, the cost of a citori varies by as much as a couple thousand.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How do you know what grade a citori is?

By serial number. Browning can tell you what the build of your gun was from the serial number. Getting this information out of Browning, however, can be time-consuming, especially if you require written documentation as part of a sale.

Sometimes, depending on the age of your Citori, you can use Browning’s website to get this info. I have not tried this myself, but I have been told results are highly variable as to if this works and what info it produces, but it’s worth a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.