NW IA hunt,Nov 15,2003

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

What a great morning.Clear skies and very little wind.Joining me today on the hunt was Tom Ashley.About 15 minutes before season started we seen at least 20 birds feeding in a open field.We watched them and two roosters put on a great show for us with a 10 minute sparring match.We tried to get to these birds but it was out in the open and they flew before we got close.The day quickly warmed up and was too nice and warm for the birds to be in the cover today.The birds simply did not want to hold for us.But the last place we hit this morning we got 2 roosters to hold very tight for us.Cheyenne had these birds pinned under her nose and with 2 shots we had 2 older roosters to show for it.One of these birds had a 23″ tail feathers Although it was a little hot and only got shots at 2 birds it was a very nice day to get the dogs some work.With a few inches of snow the hunting will only get better.So far for the year I’ve had 6 outtings.i’ve shot 14 birds and have had 17 shot over my dogs
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Beautiful weather this weekend Ryan. Good to see you got out to enjoy. I may go wet a line tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 50s.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Beautiful weather this weekend Ryan. Good to see you got out to enjoy. I may go wet a line tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 50s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.