20 Minutes- 3 Birds-

• troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Went to Thanksgiving in Iowa with the family and on Friday got to head to the secret spot for some pheasant hunting. It was exciting as my 1 year old German Wirehaired Pointer had yet to see a pheasant and I wanted to make sure he could point on something besides in training and the rabbits we have come across in Minnesota. Well needless to say, I went to spot that is in walking distance to the house and walked the slough into the 30 mile an hour winds. Three steps in, dog is birdie, locked up tight, I make my way to him, flush the bird, and shoot him. He takes off like a rocket on the ground (I didn’t do my job) and Griff catches up to him, perfect retrieve, and brought him home. Back to the grass, 10 more steps, Griff locks up, hen. 5 more steps, dog locks up, I flush rooster and smoke him, then the sky lights up with birds. I picked a rooster, dropped him and watched at least 15 more fly away. It was awesome and I never even got to go to my other spots. I do believe I will be road tripping a bunch in December.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Nothing better than watching a pointer do their job.
    I am glad that the pup did well on its first pheasant hunt.

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Nothing better than watching a pointer do their job.
    I am glad that the pup did well on its first pheasant hunt.

Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.