Gogebic

• Batman09
    Michigan

Any info on Gogebic? Looking at Feb. 20-24 for ice fishing and snowmobiling.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

The Bergland Bay on the north end of the lake is froze over. The main lake is still open. Ice conditions are good yet. The ice thickness changes depending where you are. I’m hoping that we can get this ice firmed up before we get any major snowfall. If we get the snow and rain that they are calling for this week the ice will get dangerous in a hurry. I’m hoping to make it out there in the next few days depending on the weather. I will post after I get out there. Just remember to check the conditions before you go out or give me a call at the resort to give you an up to the minute report.

Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web Site: http://www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: http://www.eyes-guy.com

finally got out there friday the 14th. SLOW! tried for perch from daylight til about 1230. not even a bite, 3 of us fishing. tried in bergland bay in the evening and managed one legal walleye. still beats work!

The first paragraph is from late November, the second one is from mid January from another individual, a tough place to get info on. The first report is from Tom Long and I cut and pasted his info…

Mark

navigator175

just got off the phone with Sara Long, Tim’s wife from THE TIMBERS RESORT. Tim will be out of commission for a while, had an incident with a snowmobile on Sunday afternoon, he is in the hospital with a broken leg.

As far as the ice fishing goes i have heard some reports of guys doing very well with tip ups for walleyes. I have only ice fished this twice for perch. be ready to cover water!
    run and gun is the game. cover the main lake mud flats an area 1 mile wide by 6 miles long.punch a few holes and move a hundred yards or so until you find them.A brown and or pink horizontal jig tipped with a wiggler worked for us.

Batman09
    Michigan

wiggler, like a red wiggler? No minnow or waxie?

Thanks.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I am thinking “hellgramite” wiggler…

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.