Updated fish consumption guidelines for pools 2, 3, 4

• Riverrat

Well that seems pretty gender biased. What if I identify as a 15 year old pregnant man? Actually seems pretty normal nowadays though. I fish some pretty rural areas and they still have those recomendations.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Interesting tidbit of note for Pool 4:

– No children under age 15 should consume any fish regardless of size or species
    – Those older than 15 and who aren’t pregnant or becoming pregnant should not exceed one meal per month of any species or size fish

…there are a lot of people around here who are going to keel over real soon

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

PFAS is already in most of our bodies at elevated levels. You can thank 3M for that one. They just doled out $10.3 billion last June for it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This PFAS stuff brings me full circle to 3M’s “slap on the wrist” for their known watershed pollution with PFAS. I remember hearing the story and the fine that they absorbed without blinking while maintaining their record profits

Be sure not to forget that 3M is THE most popular MN stock owned by members of the Congress here whistling whistling whistling

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

Certainly wasn’t a surprise to see. Disappointing though. I personally don’t care and am of the opinion that something else will get me before eating fish. But at the same time I have young kids at home.

Onthewater

Zipper fillet and leaving most the brown fat attached to the skin when you fillet will help a lot (with the flavor also). The fat is what holds most the chemicals.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Frying it is probably worse than the chemicals for you…

Tasty, tasty, frying…

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Well heck. Guess I better cut back on the number of Pool 2 Walleyes I eat whistling

(Full disclaimer: This was a feeble attempt at humor. I know Pool 2 is catch-and-release)

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Oh man I love the pfas/ 3m commentary from the clueless.

On a related note, here’s a big hint: I wouldn’t buy their stock. It’s over for mmm as we know it. There’s still a residual pulse for a few years but the company is in general dead and cannot recover from the current spat of problems.

And remember, when they “exit” pfas production just understand that pfas production doesn’t stop. The feds demand it for national security applications. another company will gain access to the production equipment and trade secrets will be sold. Production will simply pick up again, somewhere down south likely.

The end of this era will, however, leave thousands more Minnesotans jobless while mpca leeches and 3m execs laugh all the way to the bank with their cash.

Jimmy Jones

I think the politicians in this state and country are a bigger threat to the health of the status quo than pfas. I’ve enjoyed eating fish during the open water season maybe twice a week for the last 30 years and I don’t glow in the dark and have great liver function [as recently verified by blood testing]. I think I’ll worry about something else, but haven’t a clue as to what that might be.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have to believe anything north of Minneapolis, or even St. Cloud is still safe. Not much industry north of there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.