Underwater Pike trolling strikes video

• bigpike

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

so do weeds hide the lure or make it more attractive?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

X2, always like your videos. Kind of interesting the hit to hook up ratio with that lure. That and not everything hit from below.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

so do weeds hide the lure or make it more attractive?

neither. or both? but they definitely change the action.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I enjoy your videos. Thank you for sharing. With your camera, is it a live feed?

Tomasz Burlaga

Thanks, everyone and not the camera is not a live feed. If it was it would almost be cheating. And usually the weeds make the smaller pike scared but I found that the big pike don’t care if you have a little grass on a hook.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Very cool video…again, and more lessons learned. In the beginning, seeing some come in and hit and then get off right away. Up in the boat you might see the rod bend for a second and then straighten back up. I would always have thought you picked up a weed that then just came loose. Also imagined most every strike would be an almost 100% hook up while trolling. Not always, I now see.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I assumed you were trolling. After watching again, now I wonder…were you casting and retrieving?

Tomasz Burlaga

I assumed you were trolling. After watching again, now I wonder…were you casting and retrieving?

This is all trolling and yeah some of those bites I thought were just weeds. Sometimes it’s hard to tell. I have another video coming next week where I cast the camera with some spoons. I will post it on this forum next week.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.