Uncut Angling Laker

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So cool seeing that fish eat that huge meal

MNBOWHUNTIN

Always fun to watch those clearwater videos.

I’ve been watching every video having to do with clearwater lakers again.
    Heading up there again late April this year, can’t wait!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That guy is a little over the top crazy – But they do put out some real good video’s

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I assume in late April we are still talking ice fishing correct?
    We were up there last early June. We stayed for 6 days on Clearwater. To be honest we did not give the lake near enough time for the lake trout. The guy who put the trip together loves to fish Big Pike. The lake we normally fish does not have any lodging close to it. We decided to give Clearwater a try as it was within reasonable driving ( 1.5-2.0 Hr’s ) of the lake we normally pike fish. We tried Clearwater for a 1 day for lakers and Pike. The Pike fishing was much slower and the fish much smaller than my buddy is use to, so we ended up making the rather long drive to our normal lake each day. We did catch some lake trout in the short time that we tried them. Nothing big but some good eating sized fish. We saw several really BIG lake trout caught. We watched a guy fight one for well over 1/2 Hr. The way they fish and catch most of the Bigger fish during the time of year we were there is a long and slow process. Those who fish for the really big trout say they are happy if the catch 2 or 3 in a 12+ Hr. day of fishing. For a guy who is use to catching 100’s of pike over 30″ in a day with 10 plus a day over 40″ that kind of fishing just was not interesting enough. I would love to try the laker fishing thru the ice on Clearwater lake someday. Good luck to you and I hope you hook into a few of monster fish on your trip

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Bah! Video unavailable. Is this a new one from Aaron?

Sylvanboat

Your friend who loves huge Northern, suggest he look into a trip to Lac LaMarte lake in NW Territories. Up to 25 pounders. Tons of 15-20 pounders.

Shaun A

Not too sure what happened…..I watched all 3 of the Cabelas videos they uploaded with Aaron and today the videos are gone?????

Someone didn’t have the copyrights I think…….

MNBOWHUNTIN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNBOWHUNTIN wrote:</div>

I assume in late April we are still talking ice fishing correct?
    We were up there last early June. We stayed for 6 days on Clearwater. To be honest we did not give the lake near enough time for the lake trout. The guy who put the trip together loves to fish Big Pike. The lake we normally fish does not have any lodging close to it. We decided to give Clearwater a try as it was within reasonable driving ( 1.5-2.0 Hr’s ) of the lake we normally pike fish. We tried Clearwater for a 1 day for lakers and Pike. The <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Pike fishing was much slower and the fish much smaller than my buddy is use to, so we ended up making the rather long drive to our normal lake each day. We did catch some lake trout in the short time that we tried them. Nothing big but some good eating sized fish. We saw several really BIG <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>lake trout caught. We watched a guy fight one for well over 1/2 Hr. The way they fish and catch most of the Bigger fish during the time of year we were there is a long and slow process. Those who fish for the really big trout say they are happy if the catch 2 or 3 in a 12+ Hr. day of fishing. For a guy who is use to catching 100’s of <em class=”ido-tag-em”>pike over 30″ in a day with 10 plus a day over 40″ that kind of fishing just was not interesting enough. I would love to try the laker fishing thru the ice on Clearwater lake someday. Good luck to you and I hope you hook into a few of monster fish on your trip

Yep still ice fishing. Last year we had 40″+ of ice up there early april and our last day we woke up to -19 degree temps. So hoping for better weather conditions this year by pushing it back a few weeks.
    I think if all a guy was looking for was big fish, it would be slow going. But we averaged 7-8 fish per person over 4 days last year, all 4-10lbs. Not too bad for our first trip up without any maps or anything. Now we have some spots marked and won’t have to drill 500 holes this year.
    My BIL did hook into one we figured had to be 20+lbs, and fought it for 45 minutes, but we couldn’t get the head turned up the hole. Heartbreaking for sure.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Looks like the uncut video got cut off.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Your friend who loves huge Northern, suggest he look into a trip to Lac LaMarte lake in NW Territories. Up to 25 pounders. Tons of 15-20 pounders.

I’ll have to tell him to look into that lake. The lake he fishes every June has been really good to him. He’s had trips with over 40 fish over 40” out of his boat. His biggest is several in the 48” range. We’re moving the trip up a week or 2 this spring. Seems like the ice has been going off a bit earlier the last few years. The close to ice out the better. If we time the trip right there are a fair amount of Lakers still up rather shallow as well so that makes for a great bonus. You just can’t beat those lakers for a great fight on slightly lighter rods.

munchy
    NULL

W.
    T.
    F.
    I was excited to see this video…. cry

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Is this the video that was originally posted? Really interesting footage. Makes a really good point throughout the video too. Without a cam down there to see that monster, most fisherman pack up shop and assume they need to move to find fish. Aaron could see the fish he was looking for, so he stuck it out for hours until it finally hit.

kayl

Here’s another one from him with a camera and lake trout.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

All of his videos are awesome. Been a big fan for a long time, just wish he’s put out more videos! The split screens with the camera and now with the panoptix he does are just so well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.