Unbelievable start to elk hunting

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve never experienced a rough start like this. Today was supposed to be the start of our new adventure to a new to us unit. But here I sit in the camper, in my driveway, not packed, everyone on edge to go-no-go….and the list goes on and on.
    Just a few things in the Last 48 hours:
    Stressed out from 10 months of taking care of Dad
    Wheel bearing fried in truck
    Oil filter twisted the cup apart from the threaded ring
    Brake light position switch fried
    Camper jack seized up
    Seal blew out of my small travel floor jack
    Sidewall belt of trailer snapped
    LED diodes in trailer light died
    Found tire shop screwed up and put a 265 instead of a 285 on my spare
    Camper furnace died last night

Wife tested positive with Covid- besides he well being, she can’t care for my dad while I’m gone

Woke up this morning and feel like a few hundred pounds on my chest and my eyeballs popping out.

Took the PCR test yesterday afternoon and was told results are out 3-5 days.

Isolated in a camper in my driveway, not loaded on my truck, and wondering WTF just happened. Two guys going with can’t change vacation time and one has respiratory crap and can’t chance getting Covid. Unbelievable

Iowaboy1

WOW! all I can say at the moment, I feel for ya, I was hoping you were on your way after we figured out the brake light switch problem.
    Prayers for everyone for a speedy recovery and for things to start going the right way !!

gary d
    cordova,il

Take a deep breath and tackle them one at a time. You can do it!!!
    Then life will go on!!!

Deuces

Good grief. Best wishes sent your way.

May your physical and mechanical health get better in short order!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Whao!
    Randy, sorry to hear that. I hope things start heading down the right path soon.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Good grief. Best wishes sent your way.

May your physical and mechanical health get better in short order!

Ya, last place I want to be with breathing problems is 10k feet. Feels like this year is screwed

CaptainMusky

Holy crap batman! Take care that is a major bummer but your health and health of others is certainly more important.
    I just broke my wife’s truck on Saturday so I going through a bit of stress myself but nothing compared to you. Hope it turns around for ya!

stevenoak

I feel your pain. My dad passed 2 years ago. The 3 before that. All our plans evolved around his care. The year my FMIL got bad. We had what we referred to as our 21 hour vacation that year. Spent the night in a motel 100 miles away and went to Cabelas. I had lots of last minute and on the road repairs. Been a blessing to retire. I breakup boring days with preventative maintenance. Have lubed, checked and done maintenance on things that hadn’t seen it in 30 years. Sucks to miss the trip. But that’s a heck of a pile stacked against you. Good luck.

MX1825

Sorry for all your troubles Randy. The main thing is get your FW and you healthy. That elk can only get bigger.

jeff becker

Make sure you and your wife are drinking plenty of fluids and get rest. Force yourself to eat because you will not feel like eating. My wife and I are both getting over covid. She wasn’t hungry and didn’t eat enough. She got so weak I ended up taking her to er. Spent 3 days in hospital hooked up to ivs and taking steroids. I am just starting to feel almost normal after a month. Her quarantine ends today. Funny thing is she never drank much milk. She craves it now. 2 glasses a day. Good luck to you and your family

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sorry to hear that Randy, sometimes the universe tells us what to do….

Hopefully you and your wife get better quickly, take plenty of vitamins (D&C) and Zinc!

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

UGH!! That’s a major bummer! Hoping you can salvage part of your trip at least!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Anyone think this can kill the corona virus?

Attachments:
    1. image-2-scaled.jpg

MX1825

I don’t know if it will kill the virus but if you drink enough you won’t care if you have it!!

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Anyone think this can kill the corona virus?

I am not a financial advisor, but did stay at a holiday in express last night.
    Will not kill the virus.
    More of an at home test really. If you can taste it… Then enjoy. If not, enjoy.

404 ERROR
    MN

Hang in there. My family got the vid earlier this fall and we missed my own brothers wedding. Sh1t happens, there’s always next year. Hope it passes quickly and easily.

stevenoak

Drinking’s not the answer!!! But it can make you forget the question.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Yikes! Sorry to read all that Randy! HUGS!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Sorry to here about the hell your going through Randy.I would be as upset as you but your still above ground and thats a better option.
    I’m sure the elk will wait.
    It may not kill it but worth a try.
    Hope you get well soon and get things fixed up.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

If you need anything feel free to reach out!

Ben K.

Sorry to hear about the tough times. You’re in the thick of it. I hope you can get another trip on the calendar so you have something to look forward to.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Appreciate the well wishes. About 75% packed and waiting on Covid test results. Ned -go, pos is no go. Hell of a hectic week

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Hope all is well soon! Rolling over and giving up is too easy, keep hammering!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.