Ultimate Tip Up

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Will it send a tweet if I get a bite?

Kevin Konitzer

Lol, it sends a “call” signal over the two way radios. There is a long video on the website that explains how everything works

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You may want to check your website, there are no videos up that I can see. There is a video page and some text on it but no video or pics of the units I can find.

EDIT— It did work when I got home, must have been something with my connection at work.

blank

You may want to check your website, there are no videos up that I can see. There is a video page and some text on it but no video or pics of the units I can find.

I see a video on the main page and 2 on the video page. May want to check your web browser.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Does this thing float? I see you have summer fishing pictures…?

I also noticed there isn’t any video or pictures of this thing in action on the ice. It’s going to be a hard sell without that. Maybe something to work on. Good luck.

Kevin Konitzer

We are a small growing company that launched last year and totally redesigned our tip Up for the 2017-2018 ice season. We thoroughly tested these tipups in a freezer set at 0 degrees and are confident that they work perfectly. As soon as we have ice we will be getting new videos out, however, we have been having a hard time keeping up with orders and there is no guarantee we will have enough in stock come ice season. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Freezer testing doesnt seem adequate, in the least.

Kevin Konitzer

We understand that people might be scared to buy a brand new product, but every product started somewhere. We have also been using many components of this Tip Up for many years, just not this exact design and set up.

Kevin Konitzer

search Ultimate Tip Up on Facebook for additional information and updates

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

How do I buy one? I want to be the first guy on the block with one

C J Gifford

Does the box sit over the hole? Do you lift the box up when you have a bite to access the line. Somewhat hard to understand the operation which is not explained in the video

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Does the box sit over the hole? Do you lift the box up when you have a bite to access the line. Somewhat hard to understand the operation which is not explained in the video

X2 I’d love to know what makes this the magic box to buy over the others out there. I know you are just starting up but I for one won’t be cutting any checks until the company can explain to me how it works. Sounds interesting though! I look forward to more info.

Gitchi Gummi

Aren’t auto jigging devices illegal in MN?

Kevin Konitzer

There is another video that explains more in the video tab of the website.

Kevin Konitzer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>C J Gifford wrote:</div>

X2 I’d love to know what makes this the magic box to buy over the others out there. I know you are just starting up but I for one won’t be cutting any checks until the company can explain to me how it works. Sounds interesting though! I look forward to more info.

Yes the box does sit over the hole and no, you do not have to move the box to pull a fish up. As soon as there is ice, we will have more videos of exactly how these function.

You also might find some of the information on our Facebook page helpful.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Kevin,
    I just ordered one. Don’t let me down.

Kevin Konitzer

Kevin,
    I just ordered one. Don’t let me down.

Thank you for your order!
    If you should have any questions or if any problems arise, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will do everything we can to help. Your tipup will ship out tomorrow.
    -The Ultimate Tip Up team.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Couple questions / pieces of feedback.

– Does this come with the 2-way radios?

– Is there a limit to how far away you can be from a tip-up when ice fishing? For some reason I have some thought in my head that you can’t be more than 200 feet from a tip-up or something.

– I also wonder about the jigging mechanism. I think those are illegal in MN so you might want to call that out on your site(or at least indicate that the jigging feature is optional to use).

– You said you don’t need to remove the box when bringing in the fish. Do you pull in the line hand over hand? Does that mean I need to stick my hand into that box and then into the hole to pull the fish out?

– Are you getting a booth at the ice show? Great opportunity to showcase your product and let people touch it. There was a pretty cool tip-up I saw at last year’s show:
    http://firehouseproductsllc.com/

The price was prohibitive, but the ability to pack up the tip-up quickly without tangling lines or having exposed hooks was a really cool feature.

Pictures/videos are everything. I understand being a new company trying to get a new product out, but it’s worth spending some time getting the pictures portion of your website up to par. None of the pictures of the actual tip up allow me to enlarge them, making it really hard to see what I’m buying. Google for tips on how to photograph products, but a light source and something like this for a non-distracting background would go a long ways:
    https://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-12-Inch-Product-Photography-Backdrops/dp/B001TKD6WY

Obviously, pictures in action on the ice would be best, but if you use a cheap camera or take a cheap looking photo your product is going to look cheap as a result.

Kevin Konitzer

Thank you for the feedback, Let me know if I don’t answer all your questions. The range of the radios through actual testing we’ve found to be about 5 miles. In wisconsin, there is no specific distance the tipup must be away from you. The rule simply states you must be monitoring your tipups and be able to get to them in a reasonable amount of time. We had a DNR warden in Wisconsin talk to us last year and he had no problems with the range of the radios because you know the instant you have a bite. I don’t know all the laws in Minnesota, however it was my understanding that the automatic hook setters were illegal, but not the automatic jigging mechanisms.

The front of the box is only a few inches high, and we have never had a problem pulling a fish out. The reel also swivels back out of the way. Yes, we pull the fish in hand over hand. The advantage with the electronics is that there is no resistance at first bite. The fish doesn’t even know it’s hooked. We are working on better quality videos and pictures, but like I said, we are also struggling to keep up with orders, so it’s not a super high priority until we can get out on the ice with them. Thank you for your comments and feedback, as a new company we appreciate both the good and the bad.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Aren’t auto jigging devices illegal in MN?

This is exactly what I thought too. I checked the MN 2017 Reg booklet and this is all I found…

What fishing methods are illegal?
    • Intentionally fishing for a species during its closed season.
    • Using an artificial light to lure, attract or spot fish. However, you may use a lighted
    artificial lure. Batteries used in lighted fishing lures must not contain mercury.
    • Leaving your fishing rod or any type of line with hooks attached unattended.
    • Using explosives, firearms, chemicals (not including a scented bait), spring devices
    or electricity to take fish.
    • Taking fish by hand (noodling) or by snagging.

And who knew you couldn’t noodle cats in MN? smile

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

[/quote]

I did know that but I never understood the logic.

big_g
    Isle, MN

auto jiggers are allowed in minnesota, I think what is not allowed is something that “sets” and retrieves the line are illegal.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Are we the product police now? Good grief, sell a product and let the customers use to their laws and regulations. Not like the dudes selling molotov cocktails and pipe bombs.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I don’t think that was the intent by the questions…? I am a self appointed internet posting policeman. devil jester

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I did know that but I never understood the logic.
    [/quote]
    Does everything have to be logical…

Attachments:
    1. noodle-_x6rt.jpg

2. Hannah-Barron.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Are we the product police now? Good grief, sell a product and let the customers use to their laws and regulations. Not like the dudes selling molotov cocktails and pipe bombs.

Jeepers… roll

I don’t think that was the intent by the questions…? I am a self appointed internet posting policeman. devil jester

This is a “safe” neighborhood…

Attachments:
    1. lol_internet_police.gif

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

What does it cost to ship one of these things to 54840 ?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.