Ultimate Tip Up

• Kevin Konitzer

We took in a lot of constructive criticism on this forum last year and used some of that feedback to make some major changes to our product for this year’s ice fishing season. That being said, we want to hear from you again. On first impression, what do you like/dislike about this year’s Ultimate Tip Up. Check them out at http://www.ultimatetipup.com

Attachments:
    1. 62073C98-CC5C-41BD-8CDA-C6FF923D15A2.jpeg

2. 97E72A11-E225-4DAF-8F3D-460D3AEE675F.jpeg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Link didn’t work.

It’s nice to hear you accepted the criticism from last year. Just a bit of advice, avoid confrontation and and disagreement with people’s criticism. If I remember correctly there was a lot of tension between you and your potential customers. No matter how stupid or crazy some advice seems to you, in the end, the customer is always right no matter how wrong they my be. Learn, adapt and support.

ejdelvo28

Agreed. Openly/publicly confronting critics of your product paints a poor image of your business. Gotta turn the other cheek sometimes. There will always be someone to point out something they don’t like. Seems to be a great product, though. It’s certainly in a tier of its own for features! Also, side question. Are those rechargeable lithium batteries AA batteries?

Kevin Konitzer

Over the past year our businesses has matured significantly, and that includes our costumer service and customer relations. That being said, on behalf of Ultimate Tip Up and Konitzer Manufacturing I apologize for the defensive and sometimes aggressive reterick I used last year in this forum.

To answer your question, the batteries used in our tip ups are 3.7v lithium ion rechargeable 18650 cells. The two that control the strike indicators will last approximately 7 days of continuous on time. The jigging system batteries will run for about 48 hours before they need to be charged.

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

Sweet looking tip-up, is it heavy enough to stay in place in high wind on a snow-less lake? I wouldn’t want to use hole slop to freeze it to the ice unless its sturdy enough take a low energy kick to remove…
    Will you be in St Paul (Ice Show) in a few weeks to take a look at them?

Kevin Konitzer

Yes, we will be at the St Paul Ice Show at the end of the month. We look forward to talking with you.

The tip up is both heavy enough to stay in place and strong enough to take a gently kick to unstick it from the ice. Thank you for your interest.

munchy
    NULL

So when you are in full production mode will you still be using 3D printed pieces or going with something a little more finished and durable?

Kevin Konitzer

The Polymer used is PETG and is a very strong, weather resistant plastic that has proven to be very durable and reliable through our testing. In future years, nothing is off the table, but as of now our production process is a cost effective way to create a quality product. Thank you for your interest.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

The “Flag” looks to be outside of the box, has this been used in freezing rain?
    Would be nice to see a small tackle box mounted in there…
    Maybe a cup to hold a couple of extra minnows?

Kevin Konitzer

There is a video of testing the flag in Icing condition on our Website. It is designed to work in any weather conditions. We appreciate the question and the suggestions you gave. They will be considered for future models.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.