Ultimate COLD Weather RAIN GEAR

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

It says right in product description “please note, this is not 100% waterproof”. Drunk shopping again? ;-)

Here’s your sign!
    Doah!!!!

doah

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Seemed like the description fit the bill.

What website was the disclaimer

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2015-11-12-15-53-09.png

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

At least the hat I got will shed water

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2015-11-12-15-56-56.png

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

It was my very first hit when I Google grundens weather boss parka because I hadn’t heard of that one before.

Fishermansheadquarters.com/grundens_weather_boss.htm

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/rainwear-how-it-works.html

Water Resistance (i.e., Waterproofness)

Water-pressure measurements are shown in millimeters (mm) or pounds per square inch (psi); 704mm = 1 psi.Technicians determine water resistance in fabric by employing a water column or hydrostatic pressure test (JIS 1092 method A; AATCC test method 127). Fabric samples have been laundered 10 times to simulate field use.What level of water resistance qualifies as waterproof? No widely accepted waterproof industry standard for fabric exists. Based on its own tests, the REI Quality Assurance Lab considers rainwear fabric to achieve a minimum standard of “rainproof” performance if it permits no leakage at 3 psi (2,112mm).3 psi far exceeds the force of typical rain. Some comparative figures:Wind-driven rain: approximately 2 psi (1,408mm).Hurricane-force rain: 10 psi.Fire hose: 100-300 psi.Pressure washer: 1,000-10,000 psi.Note: No fabric is truly “waterproof.” Even sheet metal is routinely cut with high-pressure water jets.How much water pressure is exerted by 3 psi (2,112mm)?Imagine a square column with 1-inch sides placed atop a piece of fabric.Fill the column with water.To reach 3psi, the column would be nearly 7 feet tall (the equivalent of 2,112mm).

This article is a realy good read that explains rain wear. Dont get hung up on the numbers game as in this article explains there is no industry testing standard.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Fishblood awaiting your review. Also this article explains the aspects many types of rain gear including the care of and the detraments of dirt and other contamints

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Well all it needs to do now is rain a little harder and I’ll find out.
    Either way I’m keeping the jacket but sounds like a possibility of ordering something different and if that’s the case in just going to go rubber from same company.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Most rubbers are 99.9% effective, should be good.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

but how does he keep that hat on with that resivior(breathing apperatice) at the top. rotflol

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dustin Gesinger wrote:</div>

but how does he keep that hat on with that resivior(breathing apperatice) at the top.  :rotflol:

And after you figure that out, its going to expire in about a year anyways devil jester

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hl&sinker wrote:</div>

but how does he keep that hat on with that resivior(breathing apperatice) at the top.  :rotflol:

And after you figure that out, its going to expire in about a year anyways devil jester

You lost me

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hl&sinker wrote:</div>

And after you figure that out, its going to expire in about a year anyways  :devil:  :jester:

You lost me

condom humor.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

weather boss parka from grundgens.

Purchased in Nov 15′
    This rain jacket has been fantastic!

light weight, durable and completely water proof jacket

Working up to year 3 and not a single sign of wear.

Grundrens makes gear for weather we do not see on our worst days

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

3 years of wearing weather boss parka from grundgens.

It is like new.

Tough as nails.

Never wet!

Consider it when looking for rain gear. Fish blood and river mud approved!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

waytogo waytogo waytogo
    toast

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My grundens weather boss parka continues to be nothing short of amazing gear.

This is lighter weight heavy duty material that works over layers on a cold day or by itself on a hot day.

Wear the sandhamn hat and some Helly Hanson PVC bibs and you can do anything from cattle chores to crab boat fishing and of course fishing in the rain in Minnesota.

shady5

It’s cool (and useful) that you’re reporting back on it after a few years. Thanks

Denny O
    Central IOWA

FBRM, Don’t you sweat up a storm in it?

Ice Cap

Stormr gear seems to be well respected foul weather gear. I have a pair of their waterproof gloves I use for pulling fish out of the ice hole. Very nice products.

NEW! STRYKR™ Jacket

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Just in case you were wondering. The weatherboss jacket is still holding up like new.

stevenoak

SnoSuit ???

I hate Frabill got out of the biz. I have a Sno-suit and storm-suit jacket. Wish I had bought the bibs. The stuff really seemed to be designed by fisherman. Fit, pocket and accessory placement is perfect. Price was reasonable.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.