Two youths accidentally shoot guardians during Minnesota’s youth hunting season

• topshotta

I just had a conversation about how <12 year old kids should not be deer hunting, right before these accidents happened. I am curious as to why the rules changed, because as already stated, it was 12 years old when I started in the late 90’s.

CaptainMusky

I dont know the real reason of why it changed, but perhaps to get more growth from younger people?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I dont know the real reason of why it changed, but perhaps to get more growth from younger people?

That doesn’t make any sense. If you raise the legal age of hunting from 12 to 14, you eliminate hunters for 2 years.

CaptainMusky

That doesn’t make any sense. If you raise the legal age of hunting from 12 to 14, you eliminate hunters for 2 years.

No, you’re going the wrong way. It used to be you couldnt hunt until 12, now 10 year olds can hunt.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No, you’re going the wrong way. It used to be you couldnt hunt until 12, now 10 year olds can hunt.

Topshotta’s post above was referring to the age that was legal to hunt deer on your own. That used to be 12. Now its 14. That’s a 2 year loss to hunt on your own. Not everyone partakes or participates in the youth hunt. I would venture to say that more go during the general season.

CaptainMusky

That is not how I read his post. I read it as when they could legally hunt deer not sitting by themselves and that is why I replied the way I did. He didn’t say anything about hunting alone merely being under 12 and allowed to hunt.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.