Twins Hot Stove 2024

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Do the Twins really want these guys?
    I find this guys tone & cadence hard to listen to but he had a few interesting takes if you have the time to watch.

FryDog62

Yamamoto may have the best action of all of them – but is full of salt, too soft and falls apart after a batter or two..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m guessing they’ll go pretty hard at bringing Gray back. They do that they are set at the rotation. Lopez, Gray, Ryan, Paddack, Maeda/Ober, is a pretty damn good rotation.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My hope for the offseason is a first baseman. I think Kirilloff showed he still can’t stay healthy and couldn’t hit the last month of the season including playoffs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I think it was Hayes who said that Mirandas best chance would be at first base. Otherwise he will be SOL because he won’t get on the field at 3rd unless Lewis gets hurt and he won’t DH with China Doll there. I know you are a big Miranda guy so we will see what happens.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I want no part of Gioletto. He like Stroman is over rated. Mahle I would look at with the same type of deal as Paddock. See how he bounces back from Tommy John and gamble he has one good year left.

Ripjiggen

I willing to bet they offer gray 1 year 20 million to get the pick and he walks.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I willing to bet they offer gray 1 year 20 million to get the pick and he walks.

They’ve already done that. They will offer him something better because I’d bet money he’s already declined that qualifying offer.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins publicly announce they are cutting the payroll back to around $125 million. About $30 million less than last season……

Bold strategy Cotton……. doah

CaptainMusky

Yeah after the season they had last year with the rotation finally solidified and now lets slash the budget. Checks out.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sonny Gray and a combination of Kepler / Polanco hits that number.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Twins publicly announce they are cutting the payroll back to around $125 million. About $30 million less than last season……

Bold strategy Cotton……. doah

I don’t understand the reasoning behind that announcement?

Why mention it at all, let alone this soon after the season?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Twins are saying its due to losing out on the $54 million they would typically get from Ballys…My argument is that a large portion of that will get replaced by whatever television option they go with to replace Ballys so why use it as an excuse?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Because of Bally’s issues, and it sets an extremely low bar, something the Pohlads have banked on for decades. And they mention it now so it’s old news by the time the Vikings play on Sunday, let alone later when they do basically nothing significant this offseason to improve the best team they’ve had in 20 years. Then when they do diddly, all the Pohlad pocket protectors can say, “well we knew it was coming, blame Bally’s…” They don’t want people to realize that Bally’s is a drop in the bucket compared to the Revenue sharing they get from the league, which has to be creeping north of $200M/per.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

They’ve already done that. They will offer him something better because I’d bet money he’s already declined that qualifying offer.

I bet they don’t.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Twins are one disappointment after another… why do people follow them before October ?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins are one disappointment after another… why do people follow them before October ?

Same can be asked about Gopher football.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>

Because of Bally’s issues, and it sets an extremely low bar, something the Pohlads have banked on for decades. And they mention it now so it’s old news by the time the Vikings play on Sunday, let alone later when they do basically nothing significant this offseason to improve the best team they’ve had in 20 years. Then when they do diddly, all the Pohlad pocket protectors can say, “well we knew it was coming, blame Bally’s…” They don’t want people to realize that Bally’s is a drop in the bucket compared to the Revenue sharing they get from the league, which has to be creeping north of $200M/per.

Still no reason to even mention it at all. Most people that follow the Twins have no idea what their payroll is. I probably watch 120 games a year, and I have no idea who gets paid what and how large their payroll is. And honestly I don’t care either. It serves no reason other than a talking point about the Twins during a time when no one talks about them.

CaptainMusky

The reason people talk about their payroll is because the owners have historically been stingy at bringing in good players.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

And because we still need pitching and some hitting if they want to go further in the playoffs…….which you know, costs more money, not less.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

Same can be asked about Gopher football.

Just maybe why I posted this… touche’ devil

Slipbob nick

The only thing that would ever get the Pohlads to loosen the purse strings would be if fans stopped going to the games and watching. Granted they’d probably just sell the team then.

When winning is a bonus versus the priority they’ll lose to those prioritizing it.

Karry Kyllo

Maybe because some of us remember 1987 and 1991.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The reason people talk about their payroll is because the owners have historically been stingy at bringing in good players.

These owners brought in the players at the deadline that put them over the top in ‘87 & ‘91.

Which BTW is 2 more times than the Viking, Wild,Timberwolf money has done.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

These owners brought in the players at the deadline that put them over the top in ‘87 & ‘91.

Which BTW is 2 more times than the Viking, Wild,Timberwolf money has done.

No their Daddy did, and, well, Carl’s record after 1991 speaks for itself (one of the worst teams in baseball thru the 90’s and he offered to sell them into contraction). The Silver Spoon descendants running the Twins now, have ran the team since Carl died in 2009, and this season was the first playoff series they EVER won while in charge.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

jester I’m out.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

jester I’m out.

Cuz you know I’m right waytogo But I do agree 1987 and 1991 were a magical time for all of us lucky enough to experience it! And Carl Pohlad is still the only owner to win a modern day Championship here (MSP Lakers won 5 in the 40s/50s).

Brittman

Twins provided some nice entertainment in Covid summer 2020. They were competitive all 2023. I have never thought wow did I waste time watching a Twins game during the summer because the team did not win the WS.

Blyleven was a nice add to the ’87 Twins staff. Morris was an even nicer add to the 91 Twins staff. Lived in Minneapolis in 87 can could walk to the dome for games. Fun year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.