NW Metro Turkeys

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Any of you other NW metro guys see the Tom strutting this morning along 94 on your way to work? He was showing off for 4 hens that I could see. I also saw a couple Tom’s last night walking around the food plot on the South side of 94. I see the Eagles are back to their nest along 494/94 in Maple Grove too. These are some observations that make the drive through traffic every morning a lot more bareable.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I missed them this AM, but saw them on Monday. I actually had permission to hunt really close to there a few years back. That area seems to hold a lot of birds each year but they just started showing here the other day.

I notice several dead turkeys on the interstate the last few days. It appears they know spring is actually here.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Any of you other NW metro guys see the Tom strutting this morning along 94 on your way to work? He was showing off for 4 hens that I could see. I also saw a couple Tom’s last night walking around the food plot on the South side of 94. I see the Eagles are back to their nest along 494/94 in Maple Grove too. These are some observations that make the drive through traffic every morning a lot more bareable.

Have a tag fife? I’ve got a few friends that hunt up in that area. More birds than I would’ve thought. Get in on it, “E” season tags are OTC!

Joel

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve watched my fair share of Turkey hunting on TV, but I would have no idea how to hunt them or even how to begin to clean one if I was lucky enough to harvest one.

I still enjoy watching those Tom’s do their thing. Kooty, there is still one laying in the center median on 494 just north of Rockford Road.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yup, thought about picking it up but I’m just not that redneck.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Yup, thought about picking it up but I’m just not that redneck.

Well I am. And I think turkeys are cool. But just like sawing a rack off of a buck, you might have to explain to a CO how you came in possession of the beard/spurs should you decide to get them.

Saw a tom with a lone hen near 610 and 169 this AM.

Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.