Bird update for my area

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I don’t know what others are seeing, but in my area the birds are still in flocks of 15-50 with anywhere between 2-7 longbeards with the flock. I am glad I’m not hunting right now, I think it would be tough to call a mature tom away from 15-20 hot hens I will say that if I were to sit on my deck any night after work I could probably shoot a good tom I can’t leave the garage doors open or they try and raid all of my food plot seed.

thegun
    mn

the hardships you face Bob..

you almost got me feeling sorry for ya

took my daughter out the first season.// we hunted the opening morning and had just what you described… could get them to gobble but no chance they were levin what they already had.. try the third season with the boy!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

I don’t know what others are seeing, but in my area the birds are still in flocks of 15-50 with anywhere between 2-7 longbeards with the flock. I am glad I’m not hunting right now, I think it would be tough to call a mature tom away from 15-20 hot hens I will say that if I were to sit on my deck any night after work I could probably shoot a good tom I can’t leave the garage doors open or they try and raid all of my food plot seed.

I’ve got my eye on them Bob! You’re right, it would be very difficult to bring one away from the group.

Toms are so hot to trot right now, that they’re flying down well in advance of the hens, and walking under THEIR trees. A complete reversal from what typically happens.

I had a “B” season tag, but traded it in for later this year after seeing the weather headed here for this week. Part of me is glad to pass as I was going to bring my boys into the blind with me. But of course I’m still seeing birds which makes me pull my hair and bite my nails.

Joel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.