What a kid

• herefishyfishy
    MN

My son turns seven in a few days and asked if he could hunt turkeys this year for his birthday. He has been coming with me for a few years and loves the time in the blind. He has only shot a .410 and not a .20 ga so that will be the deciding factor. I have mounted the clip for a camera tripod to the fore grip of the shotgun to be able to use the tripod as a rest. I shortened the stock and the barrel to make the gun fit him better but with that rest now I wonder if maybe more weight wouldnt have been better. Ah well I am going to test this out and see if it will work for him.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck, I hope the little guy can get one.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Just get a solid rest and use your hand to help with the recoil. That’s what I do with my boy. Good luck and I hope it works out.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Good luck to you and your son!!!

Mark

herefishyfishy
    MN

Thanks guys. The test firing went well but with the tripod setup it will be tough to get set up to shoot out of more than one side of the blind. What size shot do you reccommend? I have only hunted turkeys with a bow so I could use a little advice on the firearm part of turkey hunting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.