vest-a-blind / Outline Breaker

• clicker

Anyone own a Vest-a-Blind or the Outlike Breaker?

Basically its a 3d leafy camo poncho that you can attach to certain vests or just carry with you. Wonder if anyone has one or has used ones and if the fabric seemed to shiney to look real??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4N5gB0uWjg

prieser
    Byron, MN

I bow hunt out of a ground blind, but that looks to me like it would be a sweet set up for gun hunters. Thanks for posting And welcome to IDO

kevin_sahly
    maple grove,mn

i don’t know, looks like a tangly nightmare for early am or late pm. My ground blind works great, plus it conceals all my movement and junk. Though i do like the idea of that when changing location often with minimal gear. I think it depends how your hunting.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I own one, and think this is a good idea for the gun hunter trying to maximize his mobility. There was never a better camouflage than staying still, but this stuff acts much like a ghillie suit to break up any unnatural outlines you may be throwing. My primary use for it, is when photographing or doing video. Finding something to cover your hands, yet still be able to hold something with, along with partially concealing a camera…..is difficult! This fits the bill very well for that application.

I use blinds too, and don’t think of this as a blind replacement in the least. More of a way to better conceal your runnin’ and gunnin’ if you’re so inclined.

Joel

clicker

I noticed it has a sheen to it. You may not be inclined to comment on that seeing your prostaff status with the manufacturer. But that sheen seems to deter me away from buying this. How do you think this sheen on the fabric acts in sunlight?

I sit and wait, i don’t run and gun when it comes to turkeys. So it might be better for me just to set up a blind instead???

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Clicker:

Cabelas had them last year, not sure if they will again this year. No matter which retailer though, see if you can get your hands on one to judge for yourself.

By my eyes, they have quite a bit less sheen than your avg. cheap ground blind, not to mention the 3D effect with cuts, shadows, and ripples in the fabric will break up that situation if there’s any. I know what you’re saying however, as I’m a stickler for things being too shiny out there as well. I’ve spooked gobblers for far less infractions, which is why I’m pretty particular about setting up in the shade these days no matter what. One exception to that would be in a blind in a field situation.

I can tell you I’ve photographed and called in quite a few birds and a pretty bold coyote that haven’t had a problem with it thus far, including some early season birds from this report. In my one year of testing I have not spooked birds with it from what I can tell, though I don’t wear it every time. Check it out yourself and see what you think. It’s about hunting with confidence, so you should be confident in whichever decision you make!

Joel

clicker

Thanks for the tip, a neighboring business is a turkey shop and i was able to see it in person and photos out in the field. I don’t like the sheen but what can you do other then make your own? looks like a great product and im still on the fence about it until I read reviews. Not many reviews out there, but the ones I’ve read they commented on the shine.

Thanks again….
    now do i ask the wifey about spending money on it, or do i buy it and ask her for forgiveness!?

It is easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission ;)

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I know guys that are buying cheaper blinds and actually spray-painting them with their own flat colors. Depending on the fabric, the paint gives these blinds some texture which they desperately need. My problem with the textured blinds is that in the wind they can freak birds out. Not so much at gun range, mostly at bow range, but still. You need all the edge out there you can get without having your equipment cost you birds.

Not that you should have to modify products to make them work well, but I think whether its fishing or hunting we all tinker to improve what we can!

Joel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.