Albino Hen

• fish509
    St. Michael

For the last six weeks or so there has been an albino hen along the crow river in Hanover. She also has an albino poult with her. Pretty cool to see, I thought I would post this for people who live in the area. They have been spotted numerous times in the mid to late afternoon along the river near Co 19. I thought about trying to get a picture but don’t think it would turn out well to post.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Very cool, I’ll keep my eyes open along there.

lick

It could also be a “farm” one that got out. They are white also

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

About 5 years ago now I was walking a buffer srtip next to the crow in hanover and got into a flock of birds, the shorties went nuts, must have flushed 40 bird in just as many yards. I popped my 2 and just watched the show… THE LAST bird to get up was an albino rooster his body was all white beside red on his head and his tail was almost an amber/gold colar. They are around that area for sure!! thanks for posting!!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

It could also be a “farm” one that got out. They are white also

That would be the 50 or 60 white/ grey turkeys that destroy my plots yet the DNR claims they are wild.. I said wild my Im about to put the down!!! Stupid Buzzards!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I got to see the “white” turkeys last night. There are 4 of them that I could count. They are more of a silver color if you will. There is one “white” one. I’m assuming the pullets are the silver colored ones. I’ll try to get some pics as these birds are very predictable on where they feed. I just need to a zoom lense.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.