Iowa first season

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the support!

Sully

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I have two great children: Alex -who is a dead eye hunter and would fish all day, every day and Danielle is college bound. Her interests are in music and opera. Look for her on Broadway in a few years!

Of all the things you could have said first – you chose to talk about your children. That says a lot about you and how you view your customers!

Welcome aboard Diane and thank you for your support!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Your support is appreciated!
    Looking forward to good company from friendly folks like yourselves, welcome the the IDO family

dave

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

We had a pretty successful season in Iowa this year, although the hunting was tough, If you didn’t get your bird in the first hour after that things really slowed down. No goggles and no birds hitting the fields for the rest of the day. I worked an old Tom for 3 days but he was always with hens so the last day of the season I set up on a group of birds on another ridge, I had hens come in but the gobbles were just over the next hill. I knew I didn’t have much time and I figured I would get busted by the hens but I had to move closer to the gobbles. I made my move and sure enough a hen started putting at me, I yelped as loud as I could to drowned out the putting and made it to the spot I wanted to set up. The birds were just over the hill, I like to set up within 30 yards of the crest of the hill so when they come they are in gun range when they reach the top. You can see better from the top but you take a chance of getting busted setting up and I think it makes birds hang up out of range in a wide open mature timber like the one I was hunting. I let out a yelp and they gobbled back, another yelp and more gobbles and they were coming, I got ready and 5 jakes popped up over the ridge, I waited for them to spread out a little and picked a bird and shot, wow I forgot how hard that 10 gauge kicked I was glad to fill my tag on the last day, not a big bird but he will make good table fair. The other pics are from an afternoon sitting on a field, that hen hung out with me for hours, it was fun watching hen up close. It had been 10 years sense I last turkey hunted, I have to line up a spot in Minnesota so I can go every year. Good luck to all you bird hunters and be safe.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Congrats on gettin back at er after 10 years….looks like a great hunt. I have to admit one of the best parts of turkey hunting is all the other critters you get to see…Jay

lick

congrats on a good hunt sounds like fun
    thats a fine welcome back to the turkey woods

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats sippi! I bet it felt good to be back at it after 10 years! Hopefully, we will see you again next year with another one!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us sippi. Congrats on your bird.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good advice Sippi on seting up just on this side of the hill, get them to commit and when they come over the hill its too late, nothing like curiousity.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Good to see your back at it an nice bird.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Excellent hunt! Great to see you’re keeping at it, and I hope it becomes an every-year thing again for you. Turkey hunting is too good to do it only every once in awhile.

Joel

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nicely done Sippi!

What took you so long to get back at it.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I just haven’t lined up a spot in Minnesota to hunt turkeys yet, thats got to change

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.