Minnesota Turkey Lottery Results

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You can check to see if you got a permit here.
    Click here

Better luck next year for me.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the heads up. I got mine

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the heads up. I got mine

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks Derek!!!
    I got drawn also!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks Derek!!!
    I got drawn also!!!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

I didn’t want to shoot a turkey anyway

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

I didn’t want to shoot a turkey anyway

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

HooRah!! I got mine. This is great news – gives me something to prepare for the rest of the winter.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

HooRah!! I got mine. This is great news – gives me something to prepare for the rest of the winter.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I better break out the white camo….. 346 Season A

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I better break out the white camo….. 346 Season A

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Denied again, I guess I’ll be bowhunting for them.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Denied again, I guess I’ll be bowhunting for them.

burbach
    SE Minnesota

I am out as well. Does anyone know when the surplas tags go on sale?

burbach
    SE Minnesota

I am out as well. Does anyone know when the surplas tags go on sale?

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I don’t believe they are offering the surplus tags this year. With the rule changes that took place.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I don’t believe they are offering the surplus tags this year. With the rule changes that took place.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Bingo! My Group got ours (my son and I). We had a blast shooting our first turkeys last year and are looking forward to gettin’ another crack at them this year.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Bingo! My Group got ours (my son and I). We had a blast shooting our first turkeys last year and are looking forward to gettin’ another crack at them this year.

burbach
    SE Minnesota

Do you have a better getting selected in the lottery if you are in a group or single? What have people experienced?

burbach
    SE Minnesota

Do you have a better getting selected in the lottery if you are in a group or single? What have people experienced?

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Hey burbach, you had the option to choose a second season if you didn’t get drawn for your first choice. (at the time that you put in for your license) It is my understanding that these are the surplus licenses, and you are placed into another drawing. As far as putting in as a group, I really don’t know, the good thing is that if one gets drawn you all do. Someone could probably correct me if I’m wrong, but I think as a group you have to go with the lowest preference. Meaning, if 3 of you haven’t been drawn in 2 years, and 1 of you got drawn last year, you all would be placed with a 1 preference, which would hurt your chances. But if you were the guy that hunted last year, your chances just increased, your preference is still the same, you just have 3 more chances to get drawn.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Hey burbach, you had the option to choose a second season if you didn’t get drawn for your first choice. (at the time that you put in for your license) It is my understanding that these are the surplus licenses, and you are placed into another drawing. As far as putting in as a group, I really don’t know, the good thing is that if one gets drawn you all do. Someone could probably correct me if I’m wrong, but I think as a group you have to go with the lowest preference. Meaning, if 3 of you haven’t been drawn in 2 years, and 1 of you got drawn last year, you all would be placed with a 1 preference, which would hurt your chances. But if you were the guy that hunted last year, your chances just increased, your preference is still the same, you just have 3 more chances to get drawn.

burbach
    SE Minnesota

Blackduck, I don’t think that there is another drawing for the surplus tags. I believe the go on sale on a particular day set by the DNR. I do remember a secondary selection on the original entry form for the lottery, but do not think that this had anything to do with the surplus tags. Does anyone else know? Also, according to your logic above, if you are going to join a group, to get the best odds, do not include someone who was selected in the lottery the previous year, correct? Else, you hurt your chances of the group getting selected? Can anyone else confirm or clear this up?

burbach
    SE Minnesota

Blackduck, I don’t think that there is another drawing for the surplus tags. I believe the go on sale on a particular day set by the DNR. I do remember a secondary selection on the original entry form for the lottery, but do not think that this had anything to do with the surplus tags. Does anyone else know? Also, according to your logic above, if you are going to join a group, to get the best odds, do not include someone who was selected in the lottery the previous year, correct? Else, you hurt your chances of the group getting selected? Can anyone else confirm or clear this up?

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

According to the DNR applying alone or part of a group has no affect on your odds of being drawn, it’s all in the amount of tags per zone per time frame vs number of applicants and amount of prefrence points of applicants per zone per time frame.
    When applying as a group, your group prefrence equals the hunter with the least amount of prefrence points. ie. a four man group 3 hunters have 2 points and 1 hunter has 1 point, your group prefrence is 1, hence the caution to apply with a group of people with the same amount of prefrence points. Hope that clarifies it.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

According to the DNR applying alone or part of a group has no affect on your odds of being drawn, it’s all in the amount of tags per zone per time frame vs number of applicants and amount of prefrence points of applicants per zone per time frame.
    When applying as a group, your group prefrence equals the hunter with the least amount of prefrence points. ie. a four man group 3 hunters have 2 points and 1 hunter has 1 point, your group prefrence is 1, hence the caution to apply with a group of people with the same amount of prefrence points. Hope that clarifies it.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

burbach, you are correct on the “group” application. At least that is how I’ve always took it. If you all have the same preference then it wouldn’t hurt a bit, but if 1 guy got drawn last year and you didn’t, then it would hurt.

As for the surplus, you may be right, it’s just what I was told by the seller when I applied for mine.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

burbach, you are correct on the “group” application. At least that is how I’ve always took it. If you all have the same preference then it wouldn’t hurt a bit, but if 1 guy got drawn last year and you didn’t, then it would hurt.

As for the surplus, you may be right, it’s just what I was told by the seller when I applied for mine.

kartaks
    South Central Minnesota

The surplus tags are a seperate deal. They go on sale sometime in March.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.