Tungsten Jigs

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

With how expensive these little jigs are where are you guys buying in bulk for cheaper? Maybe there really isn’t an alternative and I just need to suck it up? Just sucks when you get bit off by a pike.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Last year I order some from Drop Zone fishing. I was a little worried about the quality at the price point. Needless to say I was impressed. I’m going to put in a much larger order this year.
    https://www.dropzonebaits.com/shop/tungsten-ice-jigs/7
    In the past I used Kenders outdoors. Have ordered from them for many years. The last I looked their cost was up to over 3.00 a jig. I think last year at Drop zone I paid around a 1.00 each. I also think the hook on the drop zone ones were better.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well thats pretty slick. Do you have any idea what the weights are per size? I can shoot them an email too. Its weird they only post size and not weight.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well thats pretty slick. Do you have any idea what the weights are per size? I can shoot them an email too. Its weird they only post size and not weight.

Most Tungsten Jigs are not sold by weight size. Just MM size. I normally use the 4MM about 80% of the time. Sometimes when the bite is really tough, I will downsize to the 3MM. If the bite is fairly aggressive, or in deeper water I may step up to the 5MM.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I have ordered from amped out doors

ekruger01

Amped is having a 1 day sale today. 20% off with code “ICE20” and you get a free case with orders over 30 jigs. (one per customer)

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I will check out that sale thanks!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

That did work out! Ordered 40 jigs. Half 5mm and half 4mm. Did really well with 1/16th last year and they say 5mm is the same.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

to be honest with you i would check places like craigslist and marketplace. I once found a guy who worked for clam. he was some sort of sales rep and his garage was absolutely filled to the brim with tackle and other products. He switched to a competitor and couldnt keep all this clam merchandise. I gave him $180 for 2 plano boxes absolutely jam packed with tungsten jigs. this was several years ago so i cant remember what the count ended up being but i think i ended up with over 200 jigs for that price.

Another time i purchased a tackle box full of tackle (mostly crankbaits and hair jigs) for $15! Was probably a few hundred dollars worth of stuff at the store.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

They shipped those quick. The jigs look pretty sweet. It looks like they are still running the free jig box too.

Brittman

Dropzone was indeed $1/tungsten jig last winter ! I think I am good for quite some time.

deertracker

Placed an order with Amped. Got it within 3 days. And no, I did not need any new jigs. rotflol
    DT

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Placed an order with Amped. Got it within 3 days. And no, I did not need any new jigs. rotflol
    DT

Always have to get in on a good deal!

gmctruxman

Nothing wrong with Amped Jigs but it’s hard to beat the overall quality/value of Widow Maker Lures. They have quite a few proprietary profiles and they’re all reasonably priced. Really sharp hooks and great paint jobs and glow. They sell kits too. Widowmakerlures.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.