Charger under dash…

• iceman35
    upstate New York

I was thinking of mounting the Battery charger under the dash so I can see it. Any tips suggestions or comments on this? It is currently in the front battery box on the NY 1760 GC but would like to be able to see it, and for circulation… Also handy when going to a hotel, seeing the lights on… Wire running from dash to battery box? help. thanks!

KirtH
    Lakeville

I dont see why not, it is directly out of the elements. There is plenty of room under there.

sandmannd

I don’t see a problem in doing that.

Can’t you see the lights if you open your battery compartment when you plug it in? I’ve always had mine in with the batteries and never really check the lights or anything. I just plug it in and next time out I’m charged up.

igotone

Quote:

I don’t see a problem in doing that.

Can’t you see the lights if you open your battery compartment when you plug it in? I’ve always had mine in with the batteries and never really check the lights or anything. I just plug it in and next time out I’m charged up.

Agreed

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Keep away from any wires under the dash…some chargers tend to get a bit warm when charging.

iceman35
    upstate New York

Thanks guys may give it a try. When I go to a tourney, got the battery compartment cover in their along with 8 rods… Some hotels have issues with plugs not working, I’ll go for it and get some install pics… got that little access hatch under there, couple holes drilled and I should be OK… I’m figuring on the back wall under the dash, next to the circle hatch. Might even add one of those plug deals with the cover to the front of the console…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Leave it where it is.
    Go buy a CHEAP tester from Home Depot or someplace. It looks just like a plug. Plug into the motel receptacle, if “hot” the little light comes on. Moving the charger isn’t going to fix the motel issue.

You are over thinking the occasional problem and getting into a bunch of unnecessary work.

iceman35
    upstate New York

Very good idea… just saved me some time… I will drink some beer tommorrow night in your honor!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.