TBF called…

• iceman35
    upstate New York

got the call earlier in the week, Boater dropped out, they need someone… I’m in… Tuffy is hooked up, topped off the oil, batteries charged, tackle tonight. Harley is gassed and ready to roll… will leave after work Sat for the 3 hour drive to plattsburgh on northern lake champlain. All the local hotshots are entered…
    Have tuffy, will travel…

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Good luck Ice!

Do you really pull that Tuffy behind your Harley?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Good luck Ice!

Do you really pull that Tuffy behind your Harley?

Iceman has a Harley edition Ford truck. Sharping looking combination.

FDR

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Best of luck to you. be sure to update us after the tourney. Hope you put the down on a few of those monster smallies.

iceman35
    upstate New York

Any tourney on champlain I fish for first, that means largemouth, big fish baits in big fish spots. Smallmouth might help in a multiday event, but in a 1 day smackdown, largemouth…
    last year at this time, I fished a weekend series up there 1 day, caught near 17#s of smallmouth, including a biggest ever smallie at 4.85… came in 13th… zero dollar… not again…

KirtH
    Lakeville

Good Luck Iceman

iceman35
    upstate New York

Got some new hats to choose from…

iceman35
    upstate New York

well, interesting story… got out of work saturday a little late. got home, in the truck, coffee and drove… 3.5 hours to plattsburgh… too much coffee… checked on the boat in the parking lot, wind blowing pretty good at 8pm… not cool… got up at 4;30am sunday, more coffee and off to the ramp… windy, paid up and launched quick… too much coffee… big waves blowing right in… not cool in Plattsburgh… Director wanted to go out and see how bad… we went out about a 1/4 miles… got soaked! UGLY! back in, tourney cancelled. got my money back… While people were griping, I loaded up and said I’m heading south… 2 hours later I was at whitehall, extreme south end of the lake… launched and wanted to do a little crankin’… got to my good ledge, dug out this nice bandit 300 I got over the winter… first cast, white perch, second, 4.5# lgm… on it went, 30 minutes of great fishing hit every cast… blast…
    Got home at around 5pm… ate and passed out. wierd weekend with way too much coffee…
    less than 2 weeks back up to Plattsburgh for the TBF USO tourney… big $$ and lots of big names…

Have Tuffy, will travel…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.