Whitetip

• KirtH
    Lakeville

They are in the process of updating the website, Fiberdome the parent company has been redoing there factory, they got a huge military contract and have been expanding to keep up with that demand. Along with that expansion the Tuffy boat side is getting a new assembly area, they are working on a new 21′ and a smaller version of the 190, they also did some changes to the fine details(fit and finish) of the Tuffy line.

The boat line is not going away, Tuffy is the marketing side and is used to showcase what they can build, and Fiberdome does not rely on boats as its only income scource, so now that the boat industry is in the crapper and other manufactures struggle thru bankrupcy Fiberdome has hired 170 talented employees.

They may not have the flashiest website, all the fancy clothes, but they build quality product, and at great price, not allot of overhead to pass on to the consumor. and they great folks to deal with, call and talk to the owner Steve Bendall. I wish I could remember how thousands of square feet they added to the factory, which will incorporate the boat line, they upgraded the everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP_(armored_vehicle) http://www.oshkoshdefense.com/defense/MATV_DEL_video.cfmthis is what they building the body for. So expect them to be around and they have huge plans to gain market share as others struggle.

BTW I could have kept the Ranger but in my opinion the Tuffy is a better built, smoother riding and dryer boat. And priced much better. Doesnt have all the flashy doo dads like a Ranger but it is a fishing first boat without a monster price tag. So that is why I am going to get another 1890 Tuffy.

Hows that for an explenation

Thanks for all the info again Kirt. I did notice a post you had earlier in the year of them(Fiberdome) picking up a contract for Oskosh defence vehicle bodies. Thought that might be a reason for Fiberdome to slow or possibly drop some of the Tuffy boat lines with the way the boating industry has been going for most companies & not having current boat models lineup online.I was hoping that was not the case.If the boats compare I would much rather see my $ spent on a boat from a local manufacturer & dealer,rather than buy from a boat building company from across the country keeping our $ spent locally.The issue a person can find going with a new boat is finding a reputeable dealer who will take care of their customers & stand behind the product after the sale.Customer service after the sale can be a huge selling point!I did get a list of dealers through web site of which I only know of 1 at this point whom I might give consideration if I were to purchase new.I did receive a E-mail response & phone # back after inquiry about Tuffy from a Steve Worrall.Should be getting hopefully a current catalogue soon.I may run a Ranger now as I did get a very good price when I bought it.But also keeping other equally built or equipped rigs in mind as well.Yar Craft just might be another.Thanks again for your input Kirt & if you might have any other correspondance you could drop me a pm & we can get off wkw’s hydro blaster post. Which I thought was a nice looking rig & got the ball rolling.

wkw

You can come look at mine anytime, Whitetip.
    My phone number is 507-398-3923.

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Thanks Wayne,I just might need to do that.It would help give me the complete layout structure instead of just looking at a book.Thinking possibly a meet at P4 ,when it warms up a bit might be another option. When it warms up & your looking possibly to go down there drop me a line.I can possibly meet you down there.Im pretty sure I will be going down again for a open water fix when these temps look a bit more favorable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.