Fort Fremont Marine

• phishirman
    Madison, WI

Posting this in the Tuffy section since it’s the only fishing boat they carry, but I have to give huge props to these guys. Found an engine online they had for sale to replace the Yamaha on the back of my boat. Sight unseen I committed to the purchase based on their word the thing was solid. We agreed on a price over the phone and I mentioned I needed it installed ASAP since I had a tournament to get to. they had a couple other boats to rig, but said to drop the boat off in the evening ( I live 2+ hours away) and they would do what they could to accommodate the request. We all know what this means at a marina. usually a week after you were hoping to get it done.. Anyway, they hadn’t even seen my boat to know what they were getting into either so needless to say I was slightly concerned. 9AM the following morning, I received a status update! yes, a real live favorable status update from a marina stating that my motor was in the process of coming off. They mentioned that they still had a long way to go, but it would be ready before they left for the day and to go ahead and come on up after I left work for the day. Open til 7:30PM, I arrived around 7 and they were still working on it but were close. No problem as long as it gets done and it will give me a break from the drive. The mechanic finally finished up at 8:30 (an hour after they closed and about 12 hours of rig time later swapping everything out. Even with the extra rig time, they never tried to charge me for it and never tried to blow me off and tell me it would be done the following day. I received a 30 day warranty on the thing and actually got a call yesterday to see how it ran over the weekend! If I ever decide to pull the trigger on a new Tuffy, I wouldn’t hesitate to go through them…

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Glad to hear you are back on the water. My friend has a 19ft Tuffy tiller boat and that thing is musky hunting machine. He also had an esox mag which was a good boat for 15-20 years. Good value in boats like that is hard to find and made right here in Wisconsin. High on my list of wishes for sure.

iceman35
    upstate New York

I’ve used them from here in NY and they got me stuff in the mail ASAP. great dealer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.