tuffy rigging pics from NY…

• iceman35
    upstate New York

a few pics from the weekend. how my tuffy 1760 150 opti is rigged.
    minn kota maxxum 80# us2, removeable mount. X-15 up front. HDS -8 on dash with ram mount. power pole with mount seen between engine and transom. (travel cover not shown)
    Not seen in pics, delco batteries for TM,
    27’s, optima D31M for crank. rear trolling motor, (MK 80#) not seen. Also not shown is winshield, which we took off to get under a bridge, like it off anyway. rear deck insert at home too. adds a bigger rear deck and storage. we like the wide open without it, lotta room.
    seat postions are nice. we ride with the front back config, works nice.
    custom rigging and wiring all by me.
    more info from this trip will follow. will be adding plex battery cover to open up more rod holder space.
    Another real nice addition is the little tool box in the truck. all my stuff is in there. low profile box looks good in there too. truck also has new 4:10 gears which are amazing for towing. Royal purple oil real nice on the engine too. Smooth! I’m actually getting better mileage now.
    I’ll add a write up from the weekend trip to champlain real soon… high water and pretty good fish.
    anybody got any tuffy rigging questions on my stuff let me know.
    My tuffy is a blast to fish from….

phishirman
    Madison, WI

looks good. thinkin about sending my Skeeter down the road in favor of a tuffy. What kind of speed are you getting out of it with a 150 and a tournament load.

bassless

All I can say is wow..

iceman35
    upstate New York

not a speed demon, gets up to 52mph gps. 19″ tempest. whole shot will knock you out of your seat! will plow through just about anything. put it on a nice 40mph cruise and it goes forever with fanastic mileage! just sips gas and oil! a blast to drive. Goes super shallow too. will go anywhere.
    Great all around fishing boat.

iceman35
    upstate New York

tournament load will get up to 49. we were well loaded this weekend. lotts gas, tackle and beer. I could play around more with props and stuff for more speed but honestly I’m just tired of doing that.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve been sorta eyeing up the 1700 and have to think that thing would go pretty good with a 135 on it. I fish a lot of tournaments but rarely do I find myself racing to a spot. I’ll run wide open to my first spot if the conditions allow, but after that, I’m usually puttsing around at 35 or 40 MPH. A brand new boat isnt in the cards right now, but nonetheless, I can’t wait to see the X-176

iceman35
    upstate New York

1700 with a 135 was gonna be my first choice when the search started. this 1760 with the 150 showed up and moreyes twisted my arm and I drained the bank account.
    I got a few hints and tips if you plan on a new 1700 that will help setting it up for tourneys, save some money too. I’ve fished small events, and BFL’s with 140+ boats, no problem, and my “in the money” % has gone way up since getting the tuffy. get in touch with me….
    1700 with the 135 opti would be great! you’ll have a blast in it! easy to tow launch and drive. you get it, we’ll meet half way and have a get together!
    FYI I live in NY state, sent a check in oct didn’t even see a tuffy till I picked mine up in PA six months later, couldn’t be happier.

iceman35
    upstate New York

I’ll add this, fished 8 days this year, lot of driving around at slower speeds(40 mph gps) heavy load in the boat, use very little gas and the oil has hardly gone down. The Opti/ tuffy combo with the 19″ tempest is quite efficient.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.