TUCR precision or fusion??

• pharmfisher

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new walleye rod. I would be using the rod strictly for walleye. I can’t decide between the precision or the fusion. I mainly fish 1/16 oz spoons, but occasionally I will go up to a 1/8 ounce spoon. According to the TUCR rod spectrum diagram, it looks like a fusion would be perfect, but I am leaning towards a precision just because I already have 2 bullwhips, which can potentially fish a lot of the same baits that a fusion would. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Brady Valberg

Just got my precision out on the ice last weekend and it was pretty sweet. Fished mostly 1/8oz spoons with it along w a size 4 ripping rap and it worked flawless…super sensitive as well I had a few that just slightly nudged the bait but still felt them. I went the route of the precision bc I have a bullwhip as well and idk if the slower action of the fusion would be the right fit for me and where im located gettin your hands on one and playing with them isnt really in the cards. I also try to target larger walleye most of the time when walleye fishing so I wanted a little stiffer rod for that but still wanted to be able to finesse them. I dont think you would be disappointed either route as they make some fine rods but I would get your hands on both if possible and feel them and how they load up and see which one is right for you…as sensitive as the precision is I don’t think it would have a problem fishing 1/16oz baits at all

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I have only handled it in store, but the Fusion seems like more of a crappie/perch rod to me

To meet the exact requirements as you, 1/16-1/8oz spoons, I picked up a 32″ Quicktip. It has a faster tip, similar in power to a Fusion, but a better backbone. I matched it with a Commander to cover my bases.

Of the two rods you mentioned, a Precision would likely be your better bet.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I would recommend a Precision rod as well. Seems like the best option for what you are looking for.

John

Dan Baker

If you are mainly looking for a walleye rod, but you only fish 1/16 ounce spoons with it, either would be correct. Now if you ever want to use the rod for heavier walleye baits, the Precision would be the right choice. It is our most versatile walleye rod in that it can fish small and large baits effectively. Conversely, if you would ever want to fish crappie or other panfish to compliment your Bullwhips, the Fusion would be the best choice. It is very effective at fishing lighter spoons and heavy tungsten.
    I use my Fusion for heavy panfish lures and light walleye spoons. I use my Precision for medium sized spoons in the 1/8- 1/4 ounce range. Both rods are great, and you can make a case for both rods for your needs. Good luck and post back what you chose.
    Dan

404 ERROR
    MN

If it’s a strict Walleye rod, I would lean towards the Precision. Opens your options for heavier baits and different presentations.

pharmfisher

Thanks guys, that is what I thought. I definitely don’t need another rod for panfish, as I already have 2 bullwhips and a precision noodle. I think I will be going with the precision.

Skol
    Lake City

Good discussion last week about this.
    I think its floating on Page 2 topic “TUCR Suggestions”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.