TUCR panfish

• Dr. Pomoxis

I’d love your opinion on this guys! I typically fish crappies in 25-35 ft with tungsten jigs and plastics. I have a 30 inch Bullwhip which I love. I also bought a Quicktip, which I like far more as a deadstick for walleyes than for panfish. In my 1 man portable, the BW is a bit long, but not terrible.

I’m considering either purchase of another Bullwhip or going with a Precision Noodle. For the depth I fish, and targeting crappies, would you guys recommend 1 vs the other? Also, would a 28 inch length make any difference either positively or negatively?

Always appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

TimberCrappie
    Eden Prairie, MN

Doc, I was in the same boat and I went with the PN. The PN is now my dedicated rod for anything up to 1/16 oz. The bullwhip handles 1/16-1/8oz spoons/jigs for me.
    I did this because I fish a lot of small jigs for panfish and I was not happy with the bullwhips performance at 1/32oz. The PN really shines on those small jigs. If you do not fish a lot of small jigs I recommend another BW.

Dan Baker

Going with the PN gives you more versatility in your attack. You can fish much smaller if you need to. The depth won’t be a problem with that rod. In terms of length, the 28 will preform just as well as a 30. You will loose a small amount of backbone. The tip will be exactly the same.
    Dan

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I have a 36” Bull Whip that is to long for inside my Otter Cottage but I love my Bullwhip so I had TUCR make me a 28” for inside and it’s awesome !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.