TUCR

• Justin Radel

So I thinking of upgrading my rods to some TUCR. My question is what’s the best way to attach the reel to these rods. I noticed they do not have reel seats. Can I order them with reel seats or do they not offer them? Is it best just to use zip ties or is there another method the others prefer that I haven’t heard of?

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

3M VetRap. Get a roll on amazon for $5. 4in x 15ft. Cut it into four 1″ rolls and you’ll be good for about 50 combos….

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

So I thinking of upgrading my rods to some TUCR. My question is what’s the best way to attach the reel to these rods. I noticed they do not have reel seats. Can I order them with reel seats or do they not offer them? Is it best just to use zip ties or is there another method the others prefer that I haven’t heard of?

justin they can be ordered with reel seats,I personally don’t like any additional threaded plastic components interfering with the (feel) of a cork handle. But there are many different options for attaching reels 3m vet rap hockey tape electrical tape zip ties kinda intruding and the cold snap bands or castration rings. Hope this helps….Kent

Justin Radel

Thanks all I will definitely keep all of this in mind.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Castrating bands!
    FF sells them for like $5.00/100

Travis

I use black hockey tape, sleek look, doesn’t sacrifice the feel of the rod, smooth surface so there is no annoying ridges to handle while fishing, and it’s cheap, 5 bucks for a role that will last ya forever an the roll can be used to fix things that may break while your out on the ice, dual purpose.

Sticks to things in the cold duct tape wont.

JFan02

I used the silicone tape for the first time on my new rod. I really like the way it grabbed itself right away and held tight. Just stretch it out and it works great. I grabbed a 1″ by 20′ roll for about $6.

badgerfishing
    Wausau

I used the blue painters tape I believe as a base then electrical tape around so it stuck better and I dont have to worry about any residue issues on my rod. Worked Great!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.